Anyone have a Redline shift boot/e-brake boot?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I recently picked up an 01-04 console for my 98. I need to dye the console to match my black interior. The emergency brake boot is also graphite color so I'm just going to buy one through Redline. I figure if I'm buying the e-brake, I may as well go with the shifter boot as well.

When checking out there is a bunch of options and I have most of it all set to go. However they ask if you want to shorten the shift boot.
I have an MGW shifter, and I'm wondering if I should have it shortened an inch or 2? Anyone have any experience with this?

I'm just going black with gray stitching, but I'd like to see yours if you have them.
Any good/bad reviews?

For $100 or so it seems cheap enough.

boost88

Established Member
I just painted mine with the same sem dye. Make sure you toss a picture or two of them when you get em installed. Sorry I didn't provide any actual information for you

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, I considered using the dye on the boot, but ultimately I dont think I'd be happy with it.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure why this was moved to the SN95 section. I was looking for info from anyone with a Redline boot.

shurur

Established Member
I have the set.
Shift boot, ebrake and armrest.
Graphite color. Matches pretty good.
The armrest cover has stayed tight and snug since 2007. It is not baggy at all.

The way the boot is stitched. You can just snip the stitching, thread-loop to the right height yourself, and turn the extra material inward.

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I have the set.
Shift boot, ebrake and armrest.
Graphite color. Matches pretty good.
The armrest cover has stayed tight and snug since 2007.

The way the boot is stitched. You can just snip the stitching, thread-loop to the right height yourself, and turn the extra material inward.
Ok great, what shifter do you run, and did you have to adjust the height of the boot as you described?
Any pics of yours? I'm not sold on the armrest cover

shurur

Established Member
Ok great, what shifter do you run, and did you have to adjust the height of the boot as you described?
Any pics of yours? I'm not sold on the armrest cover
I have a custom shifter lever. CNC made. Counter weighted. Hard to explain without seeing it.

Yes.
I adjusted it that way.

All my pics too big for SVTP to upload.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread