Anyone had paint work done?

psucobra

Established Member
My 04 is black with 20k on the clock. The rocker panels and side scoops are looking a bit rough. Im thinking about having them repainted and Im curious to know if anyone else has had any paint work performed on their Cobra and if it was worth it?

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
I had my front and rear bumpers re-done over last winter. The front looked great for a couple of weeks until I started getting rock chips really easily. Then I bumped another car at like 5 MPH and spider webbed the paint, so it'll go back to the booth this winter.

Worth it??? For what I paid for both bumpers the rear one is still looking great, so yes. Eventually I would like to get the scoops and skirts done as well since they are showing a little bit of fading from the doors/fenders/etc.

Also resprayed the hood vents, grille and foglight buckets trim black.

Before:
244245_10150634946145858_4877064_o.jpg

After:
45312_10152701040300858_1304404461_n.jpg

Last edited:

wesking1

Established Member
I been thinking about getting my bumpers repainted just dont know how much it cost

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
I had a painter at work paint my front bumper, rockers, and side scoops. He put a lot more coats of clear on then they do at the factory. It turned out really good.

psucobra

Established Member
I had a painter at work paint my front bumper, rockers, and side scoops. He put a lot more coats of clear on then they do at the factory. It turned out really good.

This is exactly what I'd like to have done. A little paint correction on the rest and it should be good for another ten years.

fangin2u

Established Member
I've had my hood painted top and bottom, and my front bumper painted and the top also, due to rocks. I think it's worth it, because it looks better. I will again have paint work done and full paint restoration to get ready for the 50th next year in Charlotte. My man charged me $100 to paint the front bumper. My car is black by the way. I've had my car 10 years.

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
Of course it's worth it. If you have damage, fading, peeling, etc.

If the right person is painting the items there is no reason the work should not look as good or better than factory.

Jefe

Established Member
Anyone ever noticed that the color shade is different depending on what body part is painted? We have metal, fiberglass and plastic body panels.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Rear bumper cover repainted by ford after wife hit my car in the garage with hers. Painted under-hood, side view mirror triangles, n20 & nano bottles. No issues with any. You'll run into problems if your current paint is faded.

Users who are viewing this thread