anyone got pictures of lowered 03's and what springs were used?

yelo03infl

Established Member
just curious how the car will look when i lower it and which springs will lower it the amount i want. the flowmaster catback sits a little low compared to stock and i dont want to rub everything on the road. my 95 gt is that way and that scraping noise sends chills down my spine.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was talking with a Passani rep last week who told me if I lowered my Cobra I might have clearance problems with their system. I don't intend to lower mine. We don't have in the Northeast the nice, flat driveways the folks in sunny California or Florida have. LOL

Poison_S

Established Member
Check out the links in my signature. I have some feedback that might interest you regarding aftermarket springs and exhaust systems.

Feel free to PM me as well.

chillfactor

2-BADSVTS
Established Member
here's mine see if you think it is to low.....and I have long tube headers, Yes I watch for speed bumps.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
I would not go with anything but coil-overs, which allow you adjust ride height. I scrape my front bumper trim constantly. The MagnaFlows have met concrete twice. A subtle lowering, while not as aesthetically pleasing, is best.

Poison_S

Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
I would not go with anything but coil-overs, which allow you adjust ride height. I scrape my front bumper trim constantly. The MagnaFlows have met concrete twice. A subtle lowering, while not as aesthetically pleasing, is best.

I originally had the same line of thought, till I priced the complete setup. At $4000 with labor! to do the complete conversion, I decided to do the Steeda setup instead. With this setup, like other lowered vehicles I have owned, you need to take driveways at an angle and crawl over speed bumps.

Honestly though, now that I am used to the lowered height, I have yet to scape the front nose. And taking speeds bumps very slow (which I do anyway), the car's exhaust does not hit. I did put some extra effort toward keeping the Bassani exhaust from hanging too low under the car.

I'd do the same mods again and again.

If the coilovers were $2k installed like on the S4, I would have done it on the Cobra because, I would prefer the ability to get the exact height front and back.

Users who are viewing this thread