anyone get black tanks from Lethal that don't match?

KBR

Established Member
Hi,
I got black intercooler and radiator tanks from Lethal(made by Moroso). The radiator tank is satin black and the intercooler is gloss black. I was wondering if anyone else had this happen? I definitely prefer the satin black. I bought them to match, so not sure what to do?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Hi,
I got black intercooler and radiator tanks from Lethal(made by Moroso). The radiator tank is satin black and the intercooler is gloss black. I was wondering if anyone else had this happen? I definitely prefer the satin black. I bought them to match, so not sure what to do?

Well satin and gloss are two different blacks. Why not reach out to Lethal and see if it was a mistake and you can get a match. Or find someone who can paint or powder to match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KBR

Established Member
Thanks for the input. I have messaged Lethal on Facebook and emailed them. After spending close to $500 I shouldn't have to have them redone to match. I'm sure they will get back to me. I was just wondering if anyone else had it happen and if the problem was resolved.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looking at their website, it looks like both pieces should match looking at the photo. Let us know how you make out.

kallen

Established Member
Same thing with my tanks from Lethal/Moroso. I took the tanks and my radiator cover to a local powdercoating shop and had them refinished with the same satin black. It was definitely a buzzkill when I opened the boxes and saw the two different finishes, I guess I expected them to match being sold as a "pair".

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would have expected a match as well. If the photo showed a clear difference in color shade, fine. But they do look the same in the photo.

KBR

Established Member
Lethal customer service said they are talking with Moroso to see what my best option is. It is dragging out longer than I would like.

KBR

Established Member
2 guys chimed in on Facebook that also got mismatched tanks. They just went with them.
59921194_2305059152887251_4851577937821958144_n.jpg
59465997_2297205207002320_2071608991972065280_o.jpg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
well that sucks.

this is why I decided to just order everything bare and have my local shop do it, so far everything matches even though stuff has been done months or even years apart.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
mine are perfect, I got them about a month ago

Users who are viewing this thread