Anyone from new mexico?

bross03cobra

Established Member
Ryan,
If the weather is good I will be there between 11:30-12:00 Noon. I have a white 03 Cobra and will look forward to seeing you there....Bill

Ryan@ActionPowder

Established Member
dan and bill, sorry i couldn't make it to the track today. i am in the middle of buying a new truck and couldn't get the deal done yesterday, we are going out again today to try to get it done. the truck is for my wife, and you know how that goes, i have to get it done lol! let everybody know how you did. i definatly want to get together at the track but it didn't work out this time. if these dealerships would just shoot straight it wouldn't take 2 days to spend 35k with them!!!!......ryan

bross03cobra

Established Member
Hey Guys,
It didnt go as well as I would have liked today. Best time was a 2.2 60' time and 13.8 1/4 mile trapped 104.4. Was running consistent 14.0x lots of tire hop and I couldn't get it out of the shoot decently without mad tire hop. Considering it only has 1700 miles on it and the first at the track bone stock.........i was hoping for mid 13's. AT this elevation and the stock F1's, i dont know how guys are running2.0 60 ft times. Best launches were at 1500-1600 RPMS and I was averaging 2.45 60'times. This thing needs some tires and i need to work on the launches. it's going to the dyno edge tomorrow for mod's, i dont know if i will make it out to the track anymore this year or not............Bill

Ryan@ActionPowder

Established Member
don't feel bad bill, i had the same experience my first time out, this car takes some getting used to. rev the car to about 4500rpm and slip the clutch to get a decent launch, and you must powershift. i really wished i could have made it, we still didn't buy a damm truck!!!! a buddy and myself already have plans to run next saturday, so if anybody else wants to meet up, lets do it...ryan

bross03cobra

Established Member
Ryan,
Wish I could make on Saturday, but I have to work. I may try to make the last Sunday of the month though. I think a set of 555 Nittos might be a good idea. I do agree that some more practice with this beast,especially after Chris is finished with her will be in order. I will let you know when I get the car back what the dyno #'s are. Have fun this weekend..Bill

Ryan@ActionPowder

Established Member
hey bill, how is chris treating you? i tried to buisness with him on my last cobra and could not get one return phone call. i even told the girl that answered that both john urist and mike keenan told me to call. what did you buy? i plan on going with the 2.8 rr pulley with 100mm metco idler. i can't decide between a chip and the predator. i am afraid the predator doesn't have the perameters to take our elevation into account. let me know what you bought and what it made. my buddies 03 made 370rwhp with 2.8, chip bassaini x , bassani cat back, and steeda cai, he has run a best of [email protected] on f1s. if we happen to meet up at the track i would be willing to let you give my nittos a shot if you bring the stuff to change the wheels. later....ryan

bross03cobra

Established Member
Ryan,
I have great news for you. Chris only had the car for a few hours today and i am more than happy with the results. Stock my car dynoed SAE 374.5HP and 378.2 TQ. The only mods I made were 2.8 pulley, 100 mm idler, Steeda Cold Air, and Diablo Chip (stock exhaust) new #'s SAE 430.7 HP & 477.9 TQ. Actual #'s at our elevation 352.7 HP & 391.4 TQ. Man does this thing scream now, cant wait to run it at the track again:rolling: My recommendation on the chip would be to contact Jeff @ Speedworx if you pull your kickplate on the passengers side and give your code to him he will tell you if the Diablo or Autologic chip is better for your Cobra. My a/f is perfect, almost 12.1 throughout most of the band. Chris is usually swamped all of the time but his work is clean and awesome and I would not recommend anyone else to do the work. He was recommended to me by many as the man to do the job and it was more than worth the wait. He will be the only one to work on my car. Next step will be BFG Drag radials and an extra sets of rims to mount on. Then an X pipe will follow. I dont have scanner to show my dyno runs but when i see you i will show them to you. Thanks for the offer on the Nitto's and If I see you before the end of this month and dont have my tires i will take you up on the offer. I f you have any questions you can call me at work anytime @ 298-1811. Talk to you soon...Bill

bross03cobra

Established Member
Ryan,
Here are the parts that I bought from Jeff @ speedworx with the prices.

555-3115 Steeda Cold Air Kit for 2003 Cobra $189.95
555-3340 2003 Cobra Belt Tensioner $109.95
2003 Cobra 2.8" Upper Pulley & Autologic/Diablo $419.95
S&H $ 24.98
Tax $ 41.84

TOTAL Billed: $786.67

Chris's labor to install:
Install 2.80 pulley $100.00
Install idler pulley $ 40.00
Install steeda cold air kit $ 40.00
Install Diablo chip $ 40.00
Dyno tuning $ 40.00
Tax $ 15.11

Total billed: $ 275.11

So, for less than $1,100 complete he turned this beast into an entirely different machine. I hope these figures help you out and as I said in my last reply, I am VERY happy with his work and Jeff's help also. These guys really know their stuff, Jeff has an '03 Cobra also with basically the same setup, plus exhaust, wheels etc.. and I trust both of them. I absolutely tortured a modded Supra Turbo today even with the F1's. Traction is really really bad now with all the extra power released. The blower scream and CAI sound really sweet also. I think you will be more than pleasantly suprised once you get it done. I was really amazed at the 477.9 TQ, I would have been happy with 450 TQ. I might have gotten one that is just right and hope so. I am really going to try to make it to the track before the end of the month. Take it easy and let me know how it goes......Bill

Ryan@ActionPowder

Established Member
thanks for the info bill, i probably won't make to the track on sunday, but i should be there this saturday. i know you work but let me know if you want to try the nittos on sunday. drop me an email or call me @681-7046 later.....ryan

bross03cobra

Established Member
Ryan,
I am still not sure if I can make Sunday yet or not. I will definitely give you a buzz and thanks for the offer on the tires. I am looking at going with the 17x10.5 rear wheels and BFG Drag Radials. Where did you get your Nitto's at??? Any recommendations on someone local with a great deal on them?? Have you talked to Chris or Jeff yet?? ...Bill

Ryan@ActionPowder

Established Member
i bought the nittos at special effects, it's an import shop but i know sean (one of the owners). i got them for 165 ea. mounted and balanced. they hook very well when hot, as a matter of fact they hook more than the clutch will hold, i am thinking about doing a spec stage 3 when i pulley and chip. i haven't talked to dyno edge yet,i have decided to get my x pipe first, and then wait until after the holidays plus i am still trying to buy a new truck. i cannot seem to find a deal. i am trying to trade my 02 ws6 ta and can't get a good trade in number on the car.....ryan

bross03cobra

Established Member
Ryan,
How did things go at the track today? I dont think I will be able to make tomorrow, esp. if it's freezing out LOL. I've been doing more research on tires and I think the Nitto 555 Drag Radials are the way to go. Probably staying with an aftermarket 17x9 wheel and the 275 40 17 tire. Is that what you are running on your Cobra? I will probably get them ordered on Monday. Do you think you will be able to make the last day of the month Sunday the 30th at the track? Anyone else that may be interested is more than welcome. My exhaust will probably wait until the end of dec. or very early 2004. You can certainly drive my car to see how well it responds to the mods I have. Let me know by E-mail or give me a buzz @ 294-0000.....Bill

Ryan@ActionPowder

Established Member
hey bill, we had 4 cars ready to go today and they closed the track because of wind. we had 2 03 cobras, 1 lt1 ta w/n2o, and my brothers modded wrx. we are already planning next weekend considering it is the last weekend until mid january. that is the size nittos i am running and i can't believe how good they hook when they are hot enough. i am glad they worked out because i wouldn't consider changing my anniversary wheels. i oredered a bbk off road x pipe yesterday, so i will be ready for the pulley and chip after the new year. where are all the other cobra owners from n.m? it seems like we are the only two on this forum, the other guys seemed to have dropped out of the conversation huh? are you working next saturday considering it is the thanksgiving weekend. it seems like everybody i go to the track with likes to run on saturdays, but i will try to get them to go on sunday. later.....ryan

LoneRangers03

Well I'm glad to see some SVT enthusiasts here in NM. Seems like most everyone out here is more into classic muscle. I prefer the new age hot rods myself. The 03 I have was purchased last January. I traded in my old 99 Cobra for it after a series of maintenance problems and recalls(the horsepower recall ticked me off the most). No regrets since, and what a difference in power! These cars kick butt. Can't wait to start modding someday. This months issue of 5.0 had an 03 with just a chip, pulley, intake, TB, full exhaust, and 315 DRs running low 11s. I think thats what I'll shoot for. Cheap but effective. Looks like you guys go to the track a lot. I have never been there myself but would like to head out there someday. Cars completely stock so I don't know what it will do. Very hard to get a good launch-traction is difficult with the stock F1s. My launches on the street look more like drifting when the car goes sideways-lol. Do you guys see many 03s where you are? I had this car for several months before I saw another one in Rio Rancho, and I think I've seen one in Albuq. I waved to em but they looked at me like I was crazy. Only people that wave to me are kids driving GTs and V6s. Glad to see they aren't all hooked on the import craze. Hopefully I'll see you guys on the strip or street. Oh, since this is my first post hello to all the fellow SVT and domestic enthusiasts out there.....Ben

Ryan@ActionPowder

Established Member
hey ben, welcome, bill and i are trying to get together @ the track this weekend. there are several 03's around town and usualy at least 2-3 at the track when i go. there is also a guy from santa fe that posted on this board last week. hope to see you there...ryan

bross03cobra

Established Member
Ben,
Welcome to the site. Like Ryan said, see if you can make it down to the track next weekend. Ryan, I will try to make Saturday if I can, but let me know if Sunday will be possible or not. I will probably order the Nitto's and wheels on Monday and hopefully I will have them by next weekend. If not , I still will be there next weekend regardless. Talk to you guys soon and hopefully we can get a few more guys out there, if not so be it. Talk to you later......Bill

Users who are viewing this thread