Anyone from new mexico?

GasAlley

Established Member
finally others from this rat hole...

I have been trying to organize a get together/dyno day for members @ modularfords.com.... but everyone is back east... :D

bross03cobra

Established Member
ABQ NE Heights new to site and new '03 Cobra. Hope to get it to the track soon. Was recommended to have mod's done at Chris's dyno edge???? Any suggestion's?:beer: :beer:

cobra dan

Established Member
Hi From Santa Fe

Chris's Dyno in Albuquerque does great work. I have a black 03 convert with the following mods:
Steeda CAI
MAC Cat back w bassani X pipe
6 lb pulley
Autologic chip
The car pulled (sea level) 450.5 rwhp 456.1 ft.lbs
Chris really knows our cars!! I'm new to this forum, so hello everyone!!
Dan

bross03cobra

Established Member
:beer: Cobra Dan,
I'm getting basically the same mod's that you have except for the exhaust right now. Still not sure about the Bassani's or the Magnaflows. Are you experiencing any drone at all?? Thanks for the reply and hopefully by the end of the week, stage one of mods will be done. Have you done anything with changing to a different spark plug? Welcome to the site.

cobra dan

Established Member
Reply to BROSS

I really like the sound of the MAC, but it's LOUD!! I think it sounds really good when the car is really sucking in air. At about 2,000 rpm, it has a fairly loud dull roar, but again, I like it. I did the 2 1/2" exhaust. At our altitude, I wouldn't go any bigger. if you need parts, try speedworx.com. They are in Albuquerque and Jeff really knows our cars. He recommended Chris to me. They have a great web site/forum, etc. Lots of good technical info. Keep me posted.
Dan

bross03cobra

Established Member
:beer: Cobra Dan,
Jeff @ speedworx is the one hooking me up with the mod's, but thanks for the info anyway. Both of those guys really know their stuff after talking to them more than a few times. Jeff said he didn't feel I needed to change the plugs at this altitude due to the fact we will be under 400 horses @ 5,000-6,000 ft above sea level. I will post my numbers after Chris gets me set up. Thanks again:burnout:

GasAlley

Established Member
chris is great... I dont deal with him very much...

Since I am a workaholic I dont make it to the strip much. I need to. Sadly there are only ricers around here so it would be nice to go with some mustang freaks :D

cobra dan

Established Member
BIG RCB,

What/when is the track open? maybe we should all get together and head out there. I think it's at the south end of Albuquerque, isn't it?
Dan

bross03cobra

Established Member
:beer: Sounds good to me guys. Let me know where the track is at. I have to work on Saturdays, but I am free on Sundays. Would be nice to have a little gathering before the track shuts down for the year.

Ryan@ActionPowder

Established Member
track is off of broadway and rio bravo, just take the road to the ampitheatre. they are open from 11:30-4:30. if you get there at about 12:30 they will have the track prepped and ready to run. also getting there early will let you make unlimited runs. at about 2:30 it starts getting busy and takes about 20 minutes in line just to run. let me know when you guys are going, i have been there every saturday for the last three weeks. there are usualy about 2-3 03 cobras there. i have a red 10th anniversary. they are open the same times on sunday but i haven't gone on sunday...ryan

bross03cobra

Established Member
Ryan,
I can do Sunday, but I cant do Saturday because of work. Let me know if that's cool with you and maybe a couple of us guys can get together. I am still waiting for some of my mods to come in so hopefully they will be done by Sunday. If not a few runs in stock trim is fine with me.....Bill:beer:

Ryan@ActionPowder

Established Member
just let me know when you guys want to go, and i will try to make it (assuming this weather quits). i am running in basicaly stock trim (cai, cat back, and nittos only) and pulled 2 13.2 passes @ 106.7. i was one of the fastest street cars out there. these cars run very good once you get used to them, especialy @ our elevation. i can't wait to pulley and chip this car, but i am waiting until 6k to make sure there aren't any bugs in the motor. let me know what time and if you are going to make i will definatly try to make it....ryan

bross03cobra

Established Member
Hey Dan & Ryan,
Do you guys want to hit the track Sunday late AM?? I am game if you guys are. As long as the weather is good I'd love to go. Like you said maybe we can get some more Mustang guys out there and eat some rice for lunch. Let me know what you want to do....Bill:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread