Anyone else ready to drive this thing off a cliff?

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
First off, the car is a blast to drive!! But **** ford and this stupid ****ing sync. Every time I start the car the Sirius is locked up and wont respond to any inputs. I have to switch to FM then back to Sirius and it will work until the next time I shut the car off. Took it to ford and they did a battery disconnect :rollseyes. Now every time I get in the car there is an HVAC actuator the makes a very loud clicking noise for about 15secs. Great so now the dash might have to come out. This is the kind of thing that made me trade my SHO in on this car and it feels like a bad dream all over again. And a mild complaint, I can only muster 25mpg mix and the car has gotten a best of 29mpg but that was 100% highway with cruise set at 85mph. pretty far off from the 35 I was expecting. Also when I bought the car there was a blemish on the black trim on the outside of the drivers door around the window frame. have been to the dealer 3 times to have this replaced and each time they have an excuse as to why they cant have it done.

The radio and HVAC issues have me wanting to go back to imports. Any one else have issues with the radio?

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
pm the ford service rep on the site she can help you get this fixed. also your driving is the reason of your MPG. i get avg 30-31mpg of mixed driving. on the freeway i get 35mpg. the ST is a really good car.

Last edited:

wheelhopper

Established Member
sounds like you got a car that was put together Friday afternoon. Luckily mine works great, and I leased it, so if I was having your problems it would be no big deal cause I would not keep the car after my 2 years are up.

OutKast

SVT=Fast
Established Member
No problem with my radio at all. sync has a glitch every once in a while, but nothing that has been frequent or consistent. Biggest nuisance is sometimes the hill start assist turns itself back on.

Also, 29mpg at 85 mph is pretty good, mine does about that. 35 mpg is rated at 60 mph. With cruise set at 60 mph, I get closer to 38mpg all highway. On my 12' focus SE, at 85 I would do about 26 or 27 mpg.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Sorry to hear of your issues. Never used the Sirius in mine so I'm not sure. I will say when I had mine it was essentially perfect, everything worked great. I also did a trip where I was right at 60 most of the time. Was up to 36.5 mpg and climbing still. Gpt rid of it for an '11 WRX, but in all honesty the FiST was almost more fun and had all of the newer tech..

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
Wow so you guys drive around 60 mph to get that mpg? Hell 55 mph speed limits don't even exist here anymore. That makes me feel better, I just wish ford service wasn't such a joke. I'll try to pm them on here.

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
First off, the car is a blast to drive!! Every time I start the car the Sirius is locked up and wont respond to any inputs. I have to switch to FM then back to Sirius and it will work until the next time I shut the car off. Took it to ford and they did a battery disconnect :rollseyes. Now every time I get in the car there is an HVAC actuator the makes a very loud clicking noise for about 15secs. Great so now the dash might have to come out. This is the kind of thing that made me trade my SHO in on this car and it feels like a bad dream all over again. And a mild complaint, I can only muster 25mpg mix and the car has gotten a best of 29mpg but that was 100% highway with cruise set at 85mph. pretty far off from the 35 I was expecting. Also when I bought the car there was a blemish on the black trim on the outside of the drivers door around the window frame. have been to the dealer 3 times to have this replaced and each time they have an excuse as to why they cant have it done.

The radio and HVAC issues have me wanting to go back to imports. Any one else have issues with the radio?
Hello shanezt,

Regarding your SYNC, I recommend you contact our In-Vehicle Technology (IVT) Team at 1-800-392-3673 (select #1 for English or #2 for Spanish, and then select #3).

I’m happy to get your concerns escalated for you. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer you’ve been working with, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

pm the ford service rep on the site she can help you get this fixed. also your driving is the reason of your MPG. i get avg 30-31mpg of mixed driving. on the freeway i get 35mpg. the ST is a really good car.
Thank you for the mention, me32!

Deysha

TrackpackGT

Established Member
I had to constantly switch from Sirius to FM to get Sirius to work again just about every other time I started the car if I turned it off after listening to Sirius. The other thing it would do is show preset stations that didn't match what was playing when selected. I really got rid of the car because of how it smacked the crap out of bumps and I really think it's a kid's car that can only be fully appreciated when you drive it like you stole it 24/7.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
I had to constantly switch from Sirius to FM to get Sirius to work again just about every other time I started the car if I turned it off after listening to Sirius. The other thing it would do is show preset stations that didn't match what was playing when selected. I really got rid of the car because of how it smacked the crap out of bumps and I really think it's a kid's car that can only be fully appreciated when you drive it like you stole it 24/7.

holy shit that is EXACTLY what my car does. it will also randomly change all the presets to the preview channel.

I will be contacting fordservice here shortly.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
Ford likes me. I traded my 2013 F150 ecoboost crewcab 4x4 that I bought new on a new 14 Fiesta ST, traded that for a 14 Mustang GT trackpack base car........ They should send me a thank you package. We also bought a 12 Fusion SE appearance package new. Hope you get yours fixed up. Sounds like a rather routine software update will fix it. I just never took mine in.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ford likes me. I traded my 2013 F150 ecoboost crewcab 4x4 that I bought new on a new 14 Fiesta ST, traded that for a 14 Mustang GT trackpack base car........ They should send me a thank you package. We also bought a 12 Fusion SE appearance package new. Hope you get yours fixed up. Sounds like a rather routine software update will fix it. I just never took mine in.

Wut?

StangsfeverFOX

Established Member
My radio would randomly shut off , go black try to reboot over and over . Took. It in they threw a bunch of parts at it , had the car for over a month . Got it back my ac/heater wouldn't work it just blew hot air the hole time , took it back again threw more parts at it (entire new wire harness) , 6 trips to the dealer and around 75 days there , as of now everything's working,
Fords service .... What service lol

stvdman

Established Member
25 MPG at 85MPH?!?!? Thats AWESOME! I highly doubt any manufacturer has a goal MPG at that MPH, so 25 MPG for that speed is pretty fantastic!

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Should have bought a Focus...
3468b40eeed2e666bc14125cbd5b3f29.jpg

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
You guys must NEVER get in to boost. I'm averaging a little under 25mpg in the year and a half that I've owned my 14 ST but I have a heavy foot and very little highway driving where I'm at.

Sync is a microsoft product, so it's guaranteed to have its issues. Mine will randomly stop playing my ipod and switch to fm, and then randomly switch back. Also, about 80% of the time the ipod is plugged in, it will say that it's either downloading the library or setting up voice control. The entertainment screen will freeze occasionally when browsing the ipod manually. The voice control only works about 70% of the time (for all functions). And the beeping, I'll get the pretty loud beeping from the dash/firewall area (able to be heard outside the car) after being turned off.

Those electronics/sync issues are pretty much the only things that I've had issues with.

Wait I lied, there's the big bang from slamming the 1-2 shift and IIRC, that's the shock tower hitting the hood from wheel hop?
The only other thing that I had a problem with was the LED strip in my passengerside HID headlight worked intermittently, got that replaced under warranty.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You guys must NEVER get in to boost. I'm averaging a little under 25mpg in the year and a half that I've owned my 14 ST but I have a heavy foot and very little highway driving where I'm at.

Sync is a microsoft product, so it's guaranteed to have its issues. Mine will randomly stop playing my ipod and switch to fm, and then randomly switch back. Also, about 80% of the time the ipod is plugged in, it will say that it's either downloading the library or setting up voice control. The entertainment screen will freeze occasionally when browsing the ipod manually. The voice control only works about 70% of the time (for all functions). And the beeping, I'll get the pretty loud beeping from the dash/firewall area (able to be heard outside the car) after being turned off.

Those electronics/sync issues are pretty much the only things that I've had issues with.

Wait I lied, there's the big bang from slamming the 1-2 shift and IIRC, that's the shock tower hitting the hood from wheel hop?
The only other thing that I had a problem with was the LED strip in my passengerside HID headlight worked intermittently, got that replaced under warranty.

Heavy foot in street driving means you are the brakes all the time. No wonder mpg sucks.
I've had mine for 13k miles, I'm around 30 in mixed and 33 on highway above 80mph. I'm above 3k rpms 10% on straights and above 4K about 50% on the turns. Of course I need to slow down so I can travel the curves how they're supposed to be taken. In which I'm coasting or running 1500rpms to give me more room.

Why do you plug in your iPod. My phone on Bluetooth works great. But I still use manual controls to activate.

Big Bang is the motor torquing into firewall. I'm surprised no one told you about the RMM mod. It's the first thing most people upgrade.

Stateside the FiST does not come with LED or HID oem. I have no idea what you speak of there. The lack of is my only complaint of my car!

Users who are viewing this thread