Anyone else not overly excited about newer muscle/sports cars?

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
My current thought process is to sell my 14K mile Procharged GT that sits in my garage 99.9% of the time and trade my truck in on a new Raptor. Think I'm done with cars altogether. Would I get more attention with a GT500 over a Raptor...absolutely. I also DGAS about that. :) So it's a no for me dog.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
My current thought process is to sell my 14K mile Procharged GT that sits in my garage 99.9% of the time and trade my truck in on a new Raptor. Think I'm done with cars altogether. Would I get more attention with a GT500 over a Raptor...absolutely. I also DGAS about that. :) So it's a no for me dog.
I built the new Raptor online last night.
The one built stickered at over 80k. :confused: o_O LOL
I took off the "37 Package" which includes the graphics, the '37 wheels/tires, some other goodies, and it was still over 70k.

noco5.0

Established Member
I've owned some 70s and 80s muscle cars. I loved my GN and grew up around them as a kid but no comparison to modern muscle cars. I currently own the two best cars I've ever had and wouldn't trade either for something older. The only thing out there I would love to own at some point is a 13-14 GT500.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I've owned some 70s and 80s muscle cars. I loved my GN and grew up around them as a kid but no comparison to modern muscle cars. I currently own the two best cars I've ever had and wouldn't trade either for something older. The only thing out there I would love to own at some point is a 13-14 GT500.
What two cars do you have? I drove my buddies GT350 and it was okay. I can't remember, but I think it's a 16 or 17.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

noco5.0

Established Member
What two cars do you have? I drove my buddies GT350 and it was okay. I can't remember, but I think it's a 16 or 17.

2013 Boss 302 and 2015 Challenger Hellcat with a manual transmission.

blubyu87gt

Established Member
While I agree the 05-09 has not held up well over time.
I love the 07-09. Personally, I am okay with a lot of folks not liking them. Makes it cheaper when I go to buy another one!
c3d675e8db9389cedccb2324ac960af0.jpg

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Nope. With a little love, the S550 is just as nasty (in a good way) as any of them.

Don't get me wrong, if something happened to by S197, I would run back to another S197 and duplicate it, though.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
2013 Boss 302 and 2015 Challenger Hellcat with a manual transmission.
Nice! My friend just bought a 15 hellcat with a manual. I need to get a ride in it yet, and run my cobra against it.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
When i think about it i like a lot of new stuff but truth be told i need to warm up to them usually. However that doesn’t mean it still hits all the points for me. Like the S550. I finally warmed up to that car, but don’t really “need to own one”. The last cars that really hit me in the “feels” and needed to own one was the 13-14 GT500, C6 Z06 and a 03-04 Cobra. One day ill add a heads/cam C6Z

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
this is part of it, power is amazing but they just keep getting bigger and heavier. The price tags on anything I’m interested in are higher than I’m willing to go.

I can’t wait to see how my convertible feels with the Coyote and 6R80 swap. About the only new Mustang I’d want would be the last GT350. I don’t know what it is but I think they look the best. Considering that anything outside of a new F150 or Explorer would be purely a toy, I can’t see spending the money.

“At least I didn’t get tased for not wearing a seatbelt.” - George Floyd

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You’re not alone in your thinking, Brady. There are a number of current cars that do excite me. C8 Vette (I’ve seen three up here in Maine the past two days). GT-350. GT-500. Mustang GT. Hellcat Challenger. Just to name 5. But I REALLY love the older muscle cars. I’d LOVE to own one of these.
1965 GTO
1969 Chevelle SS-396
1968 427 Corvette
1967 427 Corvette
1969 Boss 429 Mustang
1970 AMC Rebel Machine
1969 SC/Rambler

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
Kind of hard to be excited with the price bloat involved, both in purchase and in tuning them. I enjoy New Edge mustangs, C6 and newer Vettes, and not much else. Trucks seem to go thru good and bad phases, especially GM models. Still think the 05-07 Super Duty is the best looking trucks tho.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
I am not really interested in newer muscle cars/sports cars. Are they fast or can they be made crazy fast, absolutely. But in my opinion they have lost their soul/spark. There is a reason I chose to go with a Gen 2 Viper instead of something significantly newer.

Users who are viewing this thread