Anyone else have this problem ?

LUV2REV

Established Member
Hello All, I did a search and couldn't find any information on this. I just purchased a bone stock 03' Satin Silver Cobra Convertible (13,600 KM's) from the original owner about 2 weeks ago here in Calgary, Alberta after owning a couple S2000's, a 91' NSX and a 90' 911 C4 Targa. I have noticed the rear bumper cap is quite warped on the right hand side beneath the trunk lid and doesn't look good at all. Anyone else have this problem and is there a fix ? I have been to a couple dealers here in Calgary and both are willing to install a new bumper cap under warranty but have stated it will probably happen again. Many Thanks !!

*EDIT. I was searching in the wrong forum and have now found several threads via the search function regarding warped rear bumper caps, seems very common. You would think Ford would work on a fix seeing many are having issues with this. :??:

Last edited:

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
thats an easy fix. wrap a book in a towel place it on the bumper cover and push down firmly and it will readjust the rear bumper cover. It happen to me a couple of times too and that usually gets the job done.

Tom

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Had the same issue and used a similar technique as mentioned above and it fixed the problem.

ZXMustang

Banned
Yep, mine and my buddies cobra both had that same crappy bumper wave. We both did the same to fix it as the people above.

Orange Poison

Established Member
Tom's_03SVT said:
thats an easy fix. wrap a book in a towel place it on the bumper cover and push down firmly and it will readjust the rear bumper cover. It happen to me a couple of times too and that usually gets the job done.

Tom

Right here too! It worked

Users who are viewing this thread