Anyone Else Get the SCT Advantage Email?

96gt02

Established Member
Its pretty crazy to think I will be able to adjust more with an older not updated handheld then most personal users with the advantage software.

and not for nothing but how hard will it be for the average user to just lie and claim they are using it for R&D to gain access to everything still?

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Its pretty crazy to think I will be able to adjust more with an older not updated handheld then most personal users with the advantage software.

and not for nothing but how hard will it be for the average user to just lie and claim they are using it for R&D to gain access to everything still?

Doubtful.

I bet the EPA watches how many 2's and 3's SCT gives out and may do sometype of audit of some sort(?). I doubt they can shield off the EPA if they ask for VINs

cj428mach

Established Member
Im going to guess you wont have a choice unless you make sure the tuner and laptop never get a wifi connection while using them.

Then make sure you have plenty of burns. You're only allowed 150 burns then you must reconnect to reset the counter unless someone cracks the software/dongle. Thats what really made me ditch SCT PRP. I was on the phone with SCT and asked them to remove the burn limit and the guy asked me why. I said because you could go bankrupt or disappear and I have software thats no good. Its like I don't really own the software, he just laughed and said they'd be around and there was nothing I could do about it. 150 burns sounds like a lot but when I was trying to troubleshoot something I'd load up 10 different tunes on my handheld at once and take it out to try them, that way I wouldn't need to go through the hassle of tuning on the side of the road.

I now run Binary Editor and am happy with the switch. It does suck because I just bought a cheap used PRP package for value files and to help out friends that use it, now it'll probably be junk since I won't have the email or acct associated with it.

96gt02

Established Member
Doubtful.

I bet the EPA watches how many 2's and 3's SCT gives out and may do sometype of audit of some sort(?). I doubt they can shield off the EPA if they ask for VINs

Im not talking about new tuners SCT is selling im am talking about 2+ year old tuners that havent been updated, I have several used X3 and X4 tuners that can do both EGR and 02 sensors turn offs which was taken away months ago, Also SCT stopped supporting X2 (if you can even find a tuner who doesn't use .CEF files) and older X3s years ago.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Then make sure you have plenty of burns. You're only allowed 150 burns then you must reconnect to reset the counter unless someone cracks the software/dongle. Thats what really made me ditch SCT PRP. I was on the phone with SCT and asked them to remove the burn limit and the guy asked me why. I said because you could go bankrupt or disappear and I have software thats no good. Its like I don't really own the software, he just laughed and said they'd be around and there was nothing I could do about it. 150 burns sounds like a lot but when I was trying to troubleshoot something I'd load up 10 different tunes on my handheld at once and take it out to try them, that way I wouldn't need to go through the hassle of tuning on the side of the road.

I now run Binary Editor and am happy with the switch. It does suck because I just bought a cheap used PRP package for value files and to help out friends that use it, now it'll probably be junk since I won't have the email or acct associated with it.
I didn't realize they limited the burns with SCT. That's screwed up.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Im not talking about new tuners SCT is selling im am talking about 2+ year old tuners that havent been updated, I have several used X3 and X4 tuners that can do both EGR and 02 sensors turn offs which was taken away months ago, Also SCT stopped supporting X2 (if you can even find a tuner who doesn't use .CEF files) and older X3s years ago.
Years ago actually

Dusten

Established Member
Im going to guess you wont have a choice unless you make sure the tuner and laptop never get a wifi connection while using them.

My tuning laptop isnt used for anything else. Problem solved.

I paid good money for prp, **** them if they think I'm giving up what I paid for

Curt@injected

Its not a supported vehicle. Says so right on their site.

What isn't? They list 99-04 Mustang 4.6 as supported, 00 Cobra R, 01 cobra- 03-04 cobra- 03-04 mach.

Are you talking about lightning? I don't know if they support lightning atm.

They are supporting a lot of 99-04 fords atm but I don't know about all. Apparently they need to do a better job advertising though because it doesn't seem like many in that customer base are aware. Like the guy above me. They support the 03-04 cobra

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Does anything think HP Tuners will get "busted" later on down the road? Or is there a loop hole on the HP tuners stuff that im missing?

Dusten

Established Member
What isn't? They list 99-04 Mustang 4.6 as supported, 00 Cobra R, 01 cobra- 03-04 cobra- 03-04 mach.

Are you talking about lightning? I don't know if they support lightning atm.

They are supporting a lot of 99-04 fords atm but I don't know about all. Apparently they need to do a better job advertising though because it doesn't seem like many in that customer base are aware. Like the guy above me. They support the 03-04 cobra

I specifically meant the lightning as its what interests me.

dc7576483b318af02d854d778cd9af2f.jpg

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
You'll know it is serious when the EPA starts picking random tuner/tuner companies and starts crushing them like beer cans. That will be a pretty sad day, hope to never see it.

Users who are viewing this thread