Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

conceptmachine

Established Member
WIth the way this 350R drives and with 200 more HP...hahahahaha...it's gonna be one hell of a ride. I just hope ford keeps it under under 4000lbs, well cooled and balanced.

conceptmachine

Established Member
If those same bean counters would find a way to transfer that ADM into the price of the car, they wouldn't need to do much countin' :)

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Seems the high reving FPC paired with a high rev TVS (2650) makes the most sense. And, it would be insane :)
No,........unless you keep the boost under 8lbs. And, I don't see that happening.
Ford engineers were adding boost to the FPC Voodoo and anything over 8lbs. of boost and high revs, they breaking cranks.
But yes, it would be pretty insane if it could be done.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
Toned_rs3, do you have a link to the actual engineers discussing that? I've seen so many turbo and sc voodoo's run well past 8psi into 12+, and haven't heard of even walking a bearing...

Did they lose the crank in true development tests? Such as 100hrs at xyz rpm?

paluka21

Established Member
I admit I'm a little disappointed that Ford hasn't released a car yet that can compete with GM and Dodge in other areas than straight line speed. Ford's 2013-2014 GT500's are still competitive with a competent driver in a straight line race with the new ZL1 and the Hellcats.

Where I would personally like to see refinements are with things like brakes, suspension, lighter weight, track apps/gadgets, and more customized features. Automatic would be cool as well for an option. Not sure if that would appeal to me or not because my racing days are pretty much over.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Toned_rs3, do you have a link to the actual engineers discussing that? I've seen so many turbo and sc voodoo's run well past 8psi into 12+, and haven't heard of even walking a bearing...
Yes,.......Alex from VMP talks about it in a Youtube video.
I have to find it and will post here.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member

It starts at the 8:40 mark.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I admit I'm a little disappointed that Ford hasn't released a car yet that can compete with GM and Dodge in other areas than straight line speed. Ford's 2013-2014 GT500's are still competitive with a competent driver in a straight line race with the new ZL1 and the Hellcats.

Where I would personally like to see refinements are with things like brakes, suspension, lighter weight, track apps/gadgets, and more customized features. Automatic would be cool as well for an option. Not sure if that would appeal to me or not because my racing days are pretty much over.

So you want a mustang that is lighter weight(less weight than zl1 and HC) track apps, suspension, and good brakes?

Is this not the 350 track pack?
Some of these post are laughable.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
So you want a mustang that is lighter weight(less weight than zl1 and HC) track apps, suspension, and good brakes?

Is this not the 350 track pack?
Some of these post are laughable.

Im pretty sure he also wants a car that doesnt get embarrassed on the street by another "top dog". 350 doesnt cut the mustard there.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You have the 500 for the highway pulls the 350 as the Porsche competitor. What else is lacking?

I can't believe the people that think creating a new car with dependability performance and one that passes safety and EPA regulations takes all of 6 months.

If they don't like it they should build their own car. It may be hard without tesla 7 billion in government grants though.

Users who are viewing this thread