Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

Snoopy49

Established Member
It will be interesting to see what changes will be made between the pre-production GT500 shown at the auto show on Jan 14 and the actual production GT500 that goes into production in the 3rd quarter of 2019.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
It will be interesting to see what changes will be made between the pre-production GT500 shown at the auto show on Jan 14 and the actual production GT500 that goes into production in the 3rd quarter of 2019.

Some say the sc 5.2L will be swapped for a TT5.5L super-yoti. 10spd, and dry dump with 8 bolt mainz

SlowSVT

Established Member
Imagine right after Ford's press conference and unveiling of the long awaited 2020 GT500 with all the speculation that came before it, the curtain comes up at the Dodge booth revealing the 2020 Challenger Hellaphant packing 1000 hp

.......... they've done it before nonono[1].gif

January 14th can't come soon enough

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Imagine right after Ford's press conference and unveiling of the long awaited 2020 GT500 with all the speculation that came before it, the curtain comes up at the Dodge booth revealing the 2020 Challenger Hellaphant packing 1000 hp

.......... they've done it before View attachment 1543191

Man I’d love to see a Widebody Charger Hellephant :)
-J

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member

.......... they've done it before View attachment 1543191

Good. I’m counting on it. (Arnold voice)

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Look back thru the posts, you'll see where I posted it.

Can't name names, wouldn't wanna put myself in the position to not get future info (isn't that what others have said here about themselves?)

But the real question is do any of you "in the know" want to say the rotary shift dial isn't so or is that too much of a secret for you guys to post up? LOL.

Lmao!!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Allow me to invite you to a masterclass in how to absolutely waste everyone's time, be totally incorrect 100% of the time, and still not be able to figure it out you should just stop typing.

Part 1:

May 18, 2017

DepWraith said:
Supposed to make announcement in June.

May 19, 2017

I was told by an engineer to expect an announcement in June so I'm passing that along. I wouldn't say July unless I was told different.

5.0 with twin 62mm turbos...same one I've been posting for quite some time now (with the small exception where I was told by someone on here about a blown 5.2...I knew there were 2 motors concurrently in development, and that they were leaning towards blown 5.2 for cost cutting: but that changed when the demon was revealed apparently).

May 30th, 2017

Ok, doubt all you want, just passing on info from an employee. Do you really think that SVT only works on one engine at a time? LOL.

It will be a 5.0 with twin 62mm...the delay was hard starting and oil consumption, along with keeping costs down.

A DBK ENTERS

June 30th, 2017

I can't read this whole thread or the other one because it gives me the brain pain. I'll just say that virtually everything being argued about these last few pages has no basis in reality, nor did it ever.

There are some people in here being gaslit by low-level employees, who are then in turn wasting everyone's time repeating it.

I've gotten all my info directly from an engineer of the vehicle...guess he will have some explaining to do if he's wrong.

July 10th, 2017

Look man, don't take it personally. I'm legitimately not trying to give you grief. I'm just telling you, whoever is telling you this stuff either is intentionally misinforming you, or they just don't know what they are talking about.

There's no need to post contradictory information debunking what you've posted. Time will do that, as it has with these announcement dates you keep being given. Bookmark this post if you'd like, and we can come back and discuss how wrong the information you've been given on powertrain, production dates, model year, etc is.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
July 10, 2017th

Summer released was pushed back due to design issues (hard starting and oil consumption issues) as I've already mentioned. (that's the first 6 quotes you posted).

5.2 with CPC? No way they get the supercharged power they want from a 5.2 at a boost point that carries a warranty. (7th and last quote)

No 2018? Ok, they will make it next year with a complete Mustang redesign scheduled for the following year...because that makes sense.

As for misleading their team members; if what I've shared isn't true, then YES THEY ARE. You don't even know who I got this info from and I can assure you this person would not give me false info.

Don't take it personally. I'm legitimately not trying to give you grief either. I'm just telling you, whoever is telling you this stuff either is intentionally misinforming you, or they just don't know what they are talking about...especially since you have nothing to share other that the word "no".

Uh oh. Guess what the engine is.

No, it wasn't.

4 to 6 weeks from May 29th.

6 weeks from May 29th = July 10th.

Today.

Add another to the pile. But we'll come back August 1st to revisit before the September 1st revisit.

I don't care who is telling you this stuff. If Jim Hackett himself is dialing you up to give you the inside scoop, he's doing it to mess with you. Was wrong, is wrong, will be wrong.

Ok, you win DBK.

All my info is completely wrong, wrong, wrong as you said and all your info, which is so secret the internet can't be told, is 100% correct.

Still funny that I can share info given from a friend and project employee, but yet nobody knows who that is and that you have the "correct info" from a project employee, but don't know how to share it without signing your name at the end of it.

Ever think that maybe you are the one that is being messed with on your inside scoop? Maybe because you have leaked info before other releases?

July 11th, 2017

Exclusivity of the FPC is important for GT350.

No shit. Wonder why I said that. Totally a coincidence the engine is a 5.2L CPC.

October 4th. 2017

I figured I'd just pop in since it's now October. Long way from that 4-6 weeks away announcement from back in May.

Derp derp

October 5th, 2017

Someone once told me that, after independent testing, they thought GM's claim that the 10-speed was faster than PDK should be prosecutable as deceptive advertising...

Hmm. Weird. Wonder why I'd say that.

FPC is important to GT350 exclusivity.

Hmm. Weird. Wonder why I'd say that. Again.

December 6. 2017 re:rumor of 7.0L V8

Uh, yeah, that's TOTAL bullshit.

Users who are viewing this thread