Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Each week. No news. No teasers. Nothing. Stellar job Ford marketing.

I concur that light weight cars are just more fun and enjoyable to drive vs heavy cars that need a ton of horsepower to feel light. People call me crazy for having a 3,100lb Type R but when you drive a 4,400 Demon, the joy of driving is just lost when cars start weighing 2 tons.

I hope you guys get some news soon. You are more patient than GNR fans waiting for Chinese Democracy!
I knew you did not like the demon and regret your purchase.

You should try driving one that’s 2700lbs....
I remember when civics were 2500lbs.

At 3100lbs, that light feeling is only going to feel light compared to a demon.
No doubt. He could of had a GT3 at close to 3100lbs.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
49E178B3-36AE-41B9-97C2-320282A77D17.jpeg

A Honda s2000 with a well done v8 swap is about 2850lbs.

#stopKaneda
#KanedNO

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
The weight balance is probably terrible on that thing now.

Ls2 weighs 400#’s.

Honda’s 2.4L weighs 270#’s.

A stock s2000 weighs 2650lbs. At 50/50. Many ls2000’s come in around 2900lbs at 52/48. You have to do a stronger trans and diff/driveshaft, and axels.

They pick up 130#’s near the front wheels, but also gain about 40lbs mid car and 30lbs in the rear.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I'm shocked he was allowed to be here as long as he was. Didn't own a SVT (or even a Ford as far as I could tell), and bashed Ford and Mustang specifically, every chance he had.

There are quite a few people on SVTP who don't [currently or even intend to] own any Ford products that troll constantly.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
There are quite a few people on SVTP who don't [currently or even intend to] own any Ford products that troll constantly.

Agreed. Don't get me wrong. If someone is an enthusiast, even if they don't own one, I'm cool with people wanting to be a member. It really is the trolling that is a problem.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
He never liked or enjoyed the cars he has. He only purchased them to showcase the look at me I own a 800hp car, what does Ford have?

I love both my Demon and my Civic Type R. Both cars are well worth the hype. I am here because my first truly fast car was a 2010 GT500. Kona Blue, white stripes. Loved that car. Crazy to think it had 540bhp and cost just $46,000.

I'm not trolling the GT500. I want it to be great. Just worried it's going to arrive at the same time as the mid-engine Vette and be too much $$$. That's all. If it is all it needs to be, I have no problem selling my Demon/Type R and getting one.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I love both my Demon and my Civic Type R. Both cars are well worth the hype. I am here because my first truly fast car was a 2010 GT500. Kona Blue, white stripes. Loved that car. Crazy to think it had 540bhp and cost just $46,000.

I'm not trolling the GT500. I want it to be great. Just worried it's going to arrive at the same time as the mid-engine Vette and be too much $$$. That's all. If it is all it needs to be, I have no problem selling my Demon/Type R and getting one.
You are trolling! You never stop speaking of how good your demon is and how bad Ford is. The funny part is if the demon was any good you would not have needed to buy your civic....

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
You are trolling! You never stop speaking of how good your demon is and how bad Ford is. The funny part is if the demon was any good you would not have needed to buy your civic....

I sort of beg to differ. No one car does it all. What if you love manual in a car but the car you own only comes in auto? Or you have a GT350r and live in the northeast and need a car for winter? Or you often take long road trips and don't want to put a ton of miles on your sports car? I actually think owning two cars that are both radically different yet perfectly compliment each other is awesome.

Yes the GT500 will be fast as hell in a straight line, AND turn, there is still no way you could have it as your only car where I live. Nor would you want to. Have any of you ever been in a Demon? It would put a smile on your face from ear to ear. Same with the Type R. And so will the GT500.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Looks legit to me! And like you, I hope it looks better in person!

edit:
I spy some ceramic coating on the barrel of the front wheel. Nobody [from Ford] ever hinted at it having carbon fiber wheels!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread