Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

TFStang

Established Member
Ok, but then what? 800 now? 1000 a few years from now, then 1400? Performance > bench racing. If this car is faster than a *insert current fast car here* and only had like 600 hp that should be all that matters.

You have a good point, but coming in well over 100 H.P. short will make it very difficult to offer the "performance" needed to be faster than *insert current fast car here*.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Ok, but then what? 800 now? 1000 a few years from now, then 1400? Performance > bench racing. If this car is faster than a *insert current fast car here* and only had like 600 hp that should be all that matters.

We're reaching the point now where Ford (and probably most other manufacturers) will actually start addressing the pavement-cracking weight they keep putting on cars. I predict in about 10 years a top dog Mustang will be tipping the scales at not much over 3400 lbs, and the power will still be somewhere in the 700HP range. That is, unless Ford decides to go hybrid with it. If they go hybrid for the next gen, we'll probably never see another sub-4000 lbs Mustang after the S550. And that is ridiculously sad.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We're reaching the point now where Ford (and probably most other manufacturers) will actually start addressing the pavement-cracking weight they keep putting on cars. I predict in about 10 years a top dog Mustang will be tipping the scales at not much over 3400 lbs, and the power will still be somewhere in the 700HP range. That is, unless Ford decides to go hybrid with it. If they go hybrid for the next gen, we'll probably never see another sub-4000 lbs Mustang after the S550. And that is ridiculously sad.

Not a chance.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You haven’t heard about the mass carbon fiber they’re going to use on it? Two experts in here told me not gonna name sources though. Lmfao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact of the matter is, in order to keep it affordable to the masses, it won't have supercar weighted materials. The next fact of the matter is, the mass majority of people buying these cars today, are more in it for the gadgets than the performance.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
Car should do well. The hold up is annoying.

I got to ride in a 2500lbs car with “just” 350hp today. It’s from the 80’s...

It was very very enjoyable. This push towards huge weight and power is not so enjoyable. I will say modern suspension do a good job hiding weight though.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
I remember the jump from 3300lbs to 3600lbs in 01 to 03 cobra’s. The sky visibly fell, everybody wrote off and avoided the stupidly heavy 03 cobra like the plague. Car sold so bad they stopped making it in 2005. It only sold 20,000 cars in 2 years.

Established Member
What I observed in the vid was excellent sound, lightning upshifts, and most interesting is the last moments where tires squeal and the car clearly slips.... like a poor heal-toe. I wonder if it's a DCT moving two or three gears and the rev matching needs a tweak...

Correlate RPM, next gear, speed and shift may be harder than it sounds and I recognize bad heal-toe cause I'm good at it.

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
@Kaneda Do you ever run your cars or just your mouth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kaneda raced with me one night. I don’t remember when, or where, or why he did so, but he lost. He missed shifts and spun the tires. I felt like a victim. Here I am, sitting in an old mustang expecting to lose to a demon, and no. I don’t get the dignity of seeing taillaights from a superior $107,000 demon. No, I had to deal with the small fading view of a demon in my rear view mirror. I remember his nervous laugh at the gas station afterwards. I’ll never forget that laugh. It’s because as a clinical psychologist, I know that my hippocampus and cerebellum will always remember that laugh. He was also giving out solo cups to the other racers at the meet.

Kaneda is a bad man, he should never be ascended to the Supreme Court, er I mean svtp fame

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
Each week. No news. No teasers. Nothing. Stellar job Ford marketing.

I concur that light weight cars are just more fun and enjoyable to drive vs heavy cars that need a ton of horsepower to feel light. People call me crazy for having a 3,100lb Type R but when you drive a 4,400 Demon, the joy of driving is just lost when cars start weighing 2 tons.

I hope you guys get some news soon. You are more patient than GNR fans waiting for Chinese Democracy!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You are a miserable excuse for a troll.

I have a theory that you applied at Ford for their marketing team and they laughed you out of the building, and now you have a personal vendetta against them. Get lost.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
You are a miserable excuse for a troll.

I have a theory that you applied at Ford for their marketing team and they laughed you out of the building, and now you have a personal vendetta against them. Get lost.

The type R seems to fit him better than the Demon. An SRT-4 may fit him good as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member

I concur that light weight cars are just more fun and enjoyable to drive vs heavy cars that need a ton of horsepower to feel light. People call me crazy for having a 3,100lb Type R but when you drive a 4,400 Demon, the joy of driving is just lost when cars start weighing 2 tons.

I hope you guys get some news soon. You are more patient than GNR fans waiting for Chinese Democracy!

Your lightweight civic is 3100lbs? Jahahhahahahaha

My 1200whp 03 cobra is in the 3300lbs Range with a full interior and a v8, rwd, and 53/47 distribution...

Seeing that your demon couldn’t hang in a straight line, let’s go canyon carve with the civic

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
I remember when civics were 2500lbs.

At 3100lbs, that light feeling is only going to feel light compared to a demon.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

you're pretty much the only one here hoping Ford tries to give everyone blue balls with a big build up - it's not gonna happen. One day we're gonna wake up and the car will be out. Apparently you can't even decide if you like your Demon or not so great ****ing job there.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Thanks for confirming. Mouth it is!

@Kaneda Do you ever run your cars or just your mouth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread