Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
In fairness, I may be underpricing the car by $5k in my guesses.

If it were to span $65k starting and peak at $85k, it is still an exceptional value.

•Roughly 750hp
•Dct transmission if desired
•Great handling and grip
•Over 200mph
•Warranty
•Nice interior compared to dodge or Chevy
•likely glass roof or niche options unavailable on the gt.
•likely drag package and handling packages will be available to optimize the car for performance desires
•likely a fun rev happy engine that will make enough torque to move out but not so much as to constantly blow off the tires needlessly ala trinity days with such tall gearing that 1 gear change was all you needed to reach 100mph.

I like the trinity cars a lot. Last real Shelby we’ll ever get.

Back on topic, even if it’s $65/85k, that would represent a change of 6-8% price jump after inflation. It’s not legitimately arguable that you aren’t getting 6-8% more car.

I’m not buying one anytime soon but I’m tired of hearing it’s a rip off. Can I sell stuff or get a loan easy to buy it cash or debt? Ya, but I’m not trying to be broke all my life. I’ll sacrifice a new purchase of a car that will be available tomorrow at a lower price to keep my primary tasks of getting ahead in life in order.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
The car will start at roughly $65k. The options will put it to $80k.

The reason someone would pay $80k for a 2019/2020 gt500 over paying $67,500 for a fully loaded 2013 gt500 is that they are getting a 6 year newer mustang with an irs, and new chassis, as well as nicer interior, better aero dynamics, better wheels, tires, brakes, suspension, engine, transmission, and performance.

Yes, that $13k difference is quite steep in just 6 years. Inflation at 3% for 6 years would only allot for a 19.4% increase in price, where as this $13k jump is indeed a 19.4% jump in price... oh, hmm... maths be damned, Ford is obviously gouging customers somehow here. I can feel it. The numbers don’t matter, RACING LIVES MATTER!!!! Where’s a ski mask!!!! I need to go beat up ford people for this oppression!!!!!!!! ANTIFORD MEMBERS UNIT IN TEARING DOWN THESE FASCIST FORD PERFORMANCE NAZIIIIIIIIII’S!

That was a little excessive. LOL

I'm not mad at Ford. If a car retails at $80k-$85k and the dealer stuffs a $25k ADM on it, that is double the price of all of the last 3 Shelby cars I have had. Its my opinion that its not worth it to me. Especially since I already have several high powered high performance vehicles that are awesome performers.

So, is it okay with you that I disagree with the premise of your points (and opinion) and don't see value?

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
As the owner of a car that has never lived up to it's own Hype, you seem to care more about the "hype" than the car itself...

We also haven’t had ideal conditions yet. Saw one run 9.9 in Louisiana soup the same day I was running 11.1-2. I’ve been 10.67 in ideal same track.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
We also haven’t had ideal conditions yet. Saw one run 9.9 in Louisiana soup the same day I was running 11.1-2. I’ve been 10.67 in ideal same track.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

A lot of people seem to ignore that the hero run was done in winter, while it was 40, using the chiller and about 50 gallons of glue on a heated track. and the driver had over 500 passes under his belt in that car.

It's going to be a challenge to match the hero run in real-world conditions.

PIPO

Established Member
It's coming sooner than expected. Ron Silva went 9.8 twice and already trapped 140mph on +DA. Of course the haters will say that it wasn't done on Nittos and try to discredit it.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Funny, someone mentioned Ford advertised the GT in a Super Bowl commercial, did anyone see how much air time the new Edge ST got yesterday during the Lions vs Patriots?

carry on.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
That was a little excessive. LOL

I'm not mad at Ford. If a car retails at $80k-$85k and the dealer stuffs a $25k ADM on it, that is double the price of all of the last 3 Shelby cars I have had. Its my opinion that its not worth it to me. Especially since I already have several high powered high performance vehicles that are awesome performers.

So, is it okay with you that I disagree with the premise of your points (and opinion) and don't see value?

I may have added a touch of drama.

The adm isn’t fords doing.

The m4’s and amg’s that this gt500 will smash also have $10-20k adm’s in various markets. Nobody bats and eye.

I’ll never pay and adm on a car. The moment I’d be about to, my brain would send a signal to my hand and reject the proposal.

It’s totally fine with me that you don’t see a product worth buying here. I’m just voicing the other side of the scenario because I don’t see anybody else standing up for ford in this argument.

Let’s kick back a beer and shoot the shit about guns, cars, bikes, women, beer and steak. No bad blood here, I wasn’t at all mad or derailed by your comment, I was tossing out a not really received barb on liberals

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I may have added a touch of drama.

The adm isn’t fords doing.

The m4’s and amg’s that this gt500 will smash also have $10-20k adm’s in various markets. Nobody bats and eye.

I’ll never pay and adm on a car. The moment I’d be about to, my brain would send a signal to my hand and reject the proposal.

It’s totally fine with me that you don’t see a product worth buying here. I’m just voicing the other side of the scenario because I don’t see anybody else standing up for ford in this argument.

Let’s kick back a beer and shoot the shit about guns, cars, bikes, women, beer and steak. No bad blood here, I wasn’t at all mad or derailed by your comment, I was tossing out a not really received barb on liberals

I agree that ADM isn't Ford's doing, but reality is, it will be there and unless you got a significant hook up, its going to be part of the price. I never, ever pay ADM. I don't even like paying MSRP. I have only paid MSRP twice in my life. One was for the Hellcat and the GT350, and I felt lucky to get it too. LOL

If you're local to me, I'm totally down for knocking one or two back over a steak. I didn't get this fat by turning down good food with friends. LOL

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm a drag manual trans guy and I'm very much into this cars IRS/DCT.
I'd be lying if I said I prefer my '14 GT500 rear suspension to my previous '04 Cobra.
For the ultimate street Mustang, the s550 IRS in the 350/350R I drove has me impressed.
The standard 315 series rubber helps too.
I started this thread mainly out of frustration, and it's obvious not much has changed.
I will say the '19 GT350 order banks open soon and I'm very much considering a CF interior package 350 to throw on a TT kit while waiting out the ADM hype on the next GT500.
TBD as we all wait, my son is now 5 and our '14 was build the same week he was born. Just perspective for those saying it's normal product cycle.
-J

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
5 years is half a decade.

The Camaro hiatus was 6 years.

I’m as svt/ford as most anybody, but I can’t in good faith call out Chevy for the Camaro death but give ford the pass on the time.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I'm confused. Are you guys actually happy with the way Ford is launching this car? Read the name of this thread...Jeez.
Did you like what they did with the 16 GT350 instead? Introduce it in Nov 14 and hit dealers almost a year later in Oct 15?

Of course for someone like you what do you care. You have to the latest and greatest for the look at me factor!!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As the owner of a car that has never lived up to it's own Hype, you seem to care more about the "hype" than the car itself...

He's in marketing...of course he would prefer the hype over the car itself.

DepWraith

Established Member
The car will start at roughly $65k. The options will put it to $80k.

The reason someone would pay $80k for a 2019/2020 gt500 over paying $67,500 for a fully loaded 2013 gt500 is that they are getting a 6 year newer mustang with an irs, and new chassis, as well as nicer interior, better aero dynamics, better wheels, tires, brakes, suspension, engine, transmission, and performance.

Yes, that $13k difference is quite steep in just 6 years. Inflation at 3% for 6 years would only allot for a 19.4% increase in price, where as this $13k jump is indeed a 19.4% jump in price... oh, hmm... maths be damned, Ford is obviously gouging customers somehow here. I can feel it. The numbers don’t matter, RACING LIVES MATTER!!!! Where’s a ski mask!!!! I need to go beat up ford people for this oppression!!!!!!!! ANTIFORD MEMBERS UNIT IN TEARING DOWN THESE FASCIST FORD PERFORMANCE NAZIIIIIIIIII’S!

I agree with your reasoning for paying more, however, 3% increases in MSRP every year are not the norm at all.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I agree with your reasoning for paying more, however, 3% increases in MSRP every year are not the norm at all.

4 of the last 6 years only saw economic growth of 1%. Some quarters were less than one. The inflation of any one product pricing does not typically outpace the growth in GDP by 300% or more. Particularly cars and homes/real estate. But even if it was 3%, that would be about $10k over the previous gen. Still a lot, but I could see spending $75k. Even $80k. Thats what my Hellcat cost 2 years ago and its not the corner carver the new GT500 is expected to be.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
Inflation is 3% roughly on average.

We looked at a 6 year window.

Prices usually go up 3-5% every 2 years on cars, or up to 10% with a new generation.

Gtr: started at $75k in 2006 or whenever. Now $105k. Bang on ~3% a year. Not that it was exactly 3% each year, but over time it averages out to that.

Mustang cobra.

•1996 msrp $27k. 305hp
•2003 msrp $32k. 390hp 3% average gain
•2007 gt500. 500hp New gen, Shelby name, big price jump to $45k in 07. Substantial updates though. Inflation would have kept that car at $38k otherwise.
2013 gt500. 662hp $55k base price. 3% annual gain bang on from 2007

The 2019 gt500 750hp, might start at $65-70k, would still be a monster value.

Consider that in 2007, a 480hp gtr was $75k. 11 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread