Anyone else dislike the gt500 grilles?

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
I love the looks of my car. I just can't stand the grilles and the hood vent. I like the shape of all of them I just really dislike the crisscross style in them. I really like the 2013 grilles but they are pricy. I think the upper is 350 not sure how much the lower is. I am thinking about modifying my stock ones to be open. Basicly cutting out the crisscross in the upper, lower grilles and the crisscross in the hood vent. I would make a bracket so the cobra emblem will float in its same location or remove it also. What do you guys think?

orangesvtbb

Established Member
I was thinking about doing the same,but then I noticed the 2013 had the style of grill I want. Be sure to post up how you did it, because this might be a good option for me also.

Black Sex

Established Member
Im a disliker as well. Especially the hood vent, it's so large with hardly any opening. I also don't understand why our cars have such a nice looking grill shape and it's only half open.
I would be affraid of cutting up the upper and lower grill and then having the front of the car look goofy because its so open.
Just for an idea, Im a Tacoma fan and have owned a few of them. This is what some of the owners have been doing with their grills. The upper has the same basic chape as our cars do.
Satoshi build! - Tacoma World Forums

361603298.jpg

42536d1244072861-tundra-satoshi-grill-img_0657.jpg

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
don't forget that the '13 GT500 grilles will give you a minor improvement in aerodynamics and system cooling as well. it might be worth checking the price of the radiator shroud for the '13 if you go that route, since it has "pressure relief doors"(decreasing drag and lift at higher speeds).

lkempf

Established Member
I don't like the hood vent at all. I have not decided on which grill opening i like better the '12 or '13. But the hood vent just looks cheap. They need to do away with it or make it look less cheap.

Black Sex

Established Member
I don't like the hood vent at all. I have not decided on which grill opening i like better the '12 or '13. But the hood vent just looks cheap. They need to do away with it or make it look less cheap.

I totally agree with the ugly hood vent. I don't think I want the carbon one either. TF or someone needs to make a good looking one :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread