anyone done their own spray in bed liner?

My94GT

Established Member
as the title states, im looking to see if anyone has done their own spray in bed liner on their truck? if so, what brand did you use, how do you like it, and may i see pics of the end result? i manage a body shop so i have access to a few different brands (waiting for supply rep to get the exact names) but i havent first hand seen any done. i just want to make sure its worth the money or if i should shell out a few more bucks and just get it done by somewhere like line X. :beer:

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I dont have any pics, but I use to sale U-POL Raptor bed-liner when I was a paint rep. It was very good and durable. A kit was around $145.00, which is a little high but it lasts a long time.

Didn't have anything but problems out of the SEM brand bed-liner kits. So you may want to avoid those.

Last edited:

Blackness03

Established Member
I used it on my older truck. It's a lot of work but came out pretty good and is holding up. Just wish I would have put it on thicker (rolled in on). I used the stuff from tractor supply, can't remember the name.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I never got the chance to use it, but I had Herculiner. I believe the biggest thing will be in the prep work, so don't skimp out there.

My94GT

Established Member
thankfully running the shop im at, i have the ability to use the proper materials for prep. if there is one thing i know, its never to skimp on prep work.

My94GT

Established Member
I dont have any pics, but I use to sale U-POL Raptor bed-liner when I was a paint rep. It was very good and durable. A kit was around $145.00, which is a little high but it lasts a long time.

Didn't have anything put problems out of the SEM brand bed-liner kits. So you may want to avoid those.

looks like i can get the U-POL as well, thought my rep wants more for it then i found it online so either they can price match or id buy elsewhere. :nonono: i really want to find some pics of it though before i do it.

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
looks like i can get the U-POL as well, thought my rep wants more for it then i found it online so either they can price match or id buy elsewhere. :nonono: i really want to find some pics of it though before i do it.

If someone else can do it, so can you. Just take your time and do it properly. Post your own pics and show others how to do it... Man up!!!

My94GT

Established Member
decided to go with the U pol raptor liner kit. got my paint reps to match online prices. im picking a 2011 f150 up from the dealer tomorrow then hopefully in the next week or two i can find time to knock this out. ill be sure to take pics.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
decided to go with the U pol raptor liner kit. got my paint reps to match online prices. im picking a 2011 f150 up from the dealer tomorrow then hopefully in the next week or two i can find time to knock this out. ill be sure to take pics.

I know others have said and you know but its allll about the prep work

Nosdog2

Hi my name is...
Established Member
I used the raptor kit on my truck back when it was new in 07. I use my truck bed for dirt, wood, dead deer, and everything. I am anything but nice to it. It held up great, it chipped only in a few spots due to what others said by my missing a spot on prep. Rough it all up with sandpaper, and then do it again so you don't miss anything. I had a bag over the cab and then taped off the edges of the bed and then had plastic down the sides as well, also take the tailgate off and spray it separate, this will let you get down a bit at the back of the bed.

Users who are viewing this thread