Anyone done a ls swap in a new edge?

Nasty_00_Fobra

Established Member
You're the one bashing his car man, chill your shit out, it a forum man, not the end of the world.

He has a project that's already ran 143, why talk shit on him when you haven't even started your build yet? How do you know your build will be inexpensive if haven't started it? Unexpected things always come up. That's classless to bash his real life build with your theoretical build man.

Actually i jsut got my block today so my build has technically started..hes been the one sitting here bitching at me for not staying with a mod motor...saying his shit will eat mine...when all i say in return is that he has alot more money into his than into mine...regardless if this is going to become a shit talking fest im out

I will do to my car as i want..like everyone said before theres always a faster car..I was asking for help on a LS swap to begin with and ive already heard enough crap from my mustang buddies about the swap dont need more but cheers guys! :beer:

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
I am not giving you shit for going with an LS in a Mustang. LS's are great simple big displacement engines that make power. I just know its gonna cost you more than you think to hit 500whp N/A. 450 is cheap.. 500 is not.

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Cheers, when you get it done post up pics and total price. I'm just saying you haven't even done anything yet apart from a block and your telling this guy he's spent way more than you will when you don't know that yet.

Stuffs gonna come up and cost extra cash, if everything was so simple, almost every car guy would have 8 second cars, just saying.

Nasty_00_Fobra

Established Member
Cheers, when you get it done post up pics and total price. I'm just saying you haven't even done anything yet apart from a block and your telling this guy he's spent way more than you will when you don't know that yet.

Stuffs gonna come up and cost extra cash, if everything was so simple, almost every car guy would have 8 second cars, just saying.

I will itll jsut be a while since im going in the marines at the end of the month...and very true but ive already priced most of everything out

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Plan on it going 50% more just to be safe, you don't wanna go through all the work just to end up having to skimp on minor supporting mods because of strapped resources.

I've had a few buddy's tackle budget builds that got too expensive and had to be sold off because of it not running right/needing an unexpected addition mod like transmission not bolting up/ fender clearance for headers etc.

On these cars it shouldn't be as bad but just plan for the worst anyways with a rainy day fund just in case.

Good luck and pm me if you hit any snags, my buddy's own the better tune shop here in slc and I could run questions past them like plumbing egr or specing a cam etc.

Nasty_00_Fobra

Established Member
Plan on it going 50% more just to be safe, you don't wanna go through all the work just to end up having to skimp on minor supporting mods because of strapped resources.

I've had a few buddy's tackle budget builds that got too expensive and had to be sold off because of it not running right/needing an unexpected addition mod like transmission not bolting up/ fender clearance for headers etc.

On these cars it shouldn't be as bad but just plan for the worst anyways with a rainy day fund just in case.

Good luck and pm me if you hit any snags, my buddy's own the better tune shop here in slc and I could run questions past them like plumbing egr or specing a cam etc.

Thanks dude i deff will! Ill prolly have it fine tuned even though im going carbed so if so ill hit yall up! thanks dude

scottydsntknow

Established Member
I will itll jsut be a while since im going in the marines at the end of the month...and very true but ive already priced most of everything out

Haha been there and done this too, 10 years in the USAF and I can't tell you how many young airmen get into this kind of stuff and either run out of money, get deployed for 6-12 months right after tech school, knock up their GF/wife and have to pay for all that or other shit just happens with life. I was a poor E-3 once where all my extra money went to my car while my friends had extra money to do stuff or put into nice daily drivers while I drove a beater because my project was "almost done". I'd recommend getting a nice GT/Cobra that is tastefully modded and just drive it but you do you. If I could go back and do it all over again I would have bought the 1995 GT convertible that I passed on with only a flowmaster exhaust and gears instead of the 91GT hatch that had all the crazy mods and was a money pit and I'd have just driven the 95 for a few years doing small upgrades along the way and then HCI it. Like I said that is just me speaking from experience, its not my money I'm just trying to give some perspective from someone who's seen it all as far as young brand new guys in the military blow their entire paychecks on their cars. Also are you prepared to have the thing halfway apart up on jackstands and then get notified of a 12+ deployment and have to deal with getting it back together in a few months and tow/store it somewhere or even have it sit outside under a cover untouched for a year on post while you are over in the sandbox? ?

Nasty_00_Fobra

Established Member
Haha been there and done this too, 10 years in the USAF and I can't tell you how many young airmen get into this kind of stuff and either run out of money, get deployed for 6-12 months right after tech school, knock up their GF/wife and have to pay for all that or other shit just happens with life. I was a poor E-3 once where all my extra money went to my car while my friends had extra money to do stuff or put into nice daily drivers while I drove a beater because my project was "almost done". I'd recommend getting a nice GT/Cobra that is tastefully modded and just drive it but you do you. If I could go back and do it all over again I would have bought the 1995 GT convertible that I passed on with only a flowmaster exhaust and gears instead of the 91GT hatch that had all the crazy mods and was a money pit and I'd have just driven the 95 for a few years doing small upgrades along the way and then HCI it. Like I said that is just me speaking from experience, its not my money I'm just trying to give some perspective from someone who's seen it all as far as young brand new guys in the military blow their entire paychecks on their cars. Also are you prepared to have the thing halfway apart up on jackstands and then get notified of a 12+ deployment and have to deal with getting it back together in a few months and tow/store it somewhere or even have it sit outside under a cover untouched for a year on post while you are over in the sandbox? ?

yes im perfectly fine with that it will be staying at home in the shed at my buddies and he will be doing the work as i pay for the parts.. not gonna have it with me on base till its done..i signed up for recon so my pay will most likely be a little better than a e3 airman no offense

Stanger00

Established Member
While you are in training the pay will suck ass. Probably a little under 20 grand for the year! To live in comfort while in the military you will need to clear at least 55-60k a year with base pay and all allowances. I don't see a E-3 anything doing that...

Nasty_00_Fobra

Established Member
While you are in training the pay will suck ass. Probably a little under 20 grand for the year! To live in comfort while in the military you will need to clear at least 55-60k a year with base pay and all allowances. I don't see a E-3 anything doing that...

Being a single 20 year old i dont have a house or very many bills for that matter just the small things like a car insurance and phone bill..then deployment money will help out as well

Stanger00

Established Member
Collecting BAH and BAS while deployed without rent to pay or food to buy is what I consider 'deployment' money. The extra 250 or 350 a month isn't really all that great but is a nice kicker for being in a highly dangerous place but what do I know I was only in the Air Force.

Good luck in the Marines and thank you for wanting to serve our country.

Nasty_00_Fobra

Established Member
Collecting BAH and BAS while deployed without rent to pay or food to buy is what I consider 'deployment' money. The extra 250 or 350 a month isn't really all that great but is a nice kicker for being in a highly dangerous place but what do I know I was only in the Air Force.

Good luck in the Marines and thank you for wanting to serve our country.

Thanks and no disrespect against the Air Force you know how we all pick around! and thenk you for your service! Rah!

slow2v

GONE
Established Member
WHOA!!! u bought an lsx block!!! zomggg, build must almost be done now

i spent 700 bucks on just arp bolts for my motor
good luck with your "budget"

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Being a single 20 year old i dont have a house or very many bills for that matter just the small things like a car insurance and phone bill..then deployment money will help out as well

Pay sucks living on base as was said. Your friends will want to go out, if you have a gf you want money for that, pay for food because you want to kill yourself if you eat another thing at the dining hall, tv/Xbox/laptop etc...to make your room nice another vehicle that isn't falling apart as a daily driver, if you are 21 and drink that adds up too...

Like I said, been there, done that, seen it from the other side too. Like I said not my life but just trying to give you some perspective. You WILL spend double or triple what you think on just life and stuff and when you are short one month or have to say no to going out or whatever and its because of the pile of parts sitting in your buddy's shed you might start thinking twice.

A $30k build on PFC/lance corporal pay is going to take probably your whole first enlistment if you did 4. A lot can happen in 4 years.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Stanger00

Established Member
Pay sucks living on base as was said. Your friends will want to go out, if you have a gf you want money for that, pay for food because you want to kill yourself if you eat another thing at the dining hall, tv/Xbox/laptop etc...to make your room nice another vehicle that isn't falling apart as a daily driver, if you are 21 and drink that adds up too...

Like I said, been there, done that, seen it from the other side too. Like I said not my life but just trying to give you some perspective. You WILL spend double or triple what you think on just life and stuff and when you are short one month or have to say no to going out or whatever and its because of the pile of parts sitting in your buddy's shed you might start thinking twice.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Dining hall food is the worst!

E-3 pay rate with 2 years or less is 1787 a month!

20% to taxes and other government agencies

100 to phone

100-130 car insurance

A good weekend of drinking is about 100-150 and there are 4 weekends in a month... Doesn't leave a whole lot to save much less buy parts and still maintain a decent social life.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Dining hall food is the worst!

E-3 pay rate with 2 years or less is 1787 a month!

20% to taxes and other government agencies

100 to phone

100-130 car insurance

A good weekend of drinking is about 100-150 and there are 4 weekends in a month... Doesn't leave a whole lot to save much less buy parts and still maintain a decent social life.

Yep but you can tell young Airmen/Soldiers/Sailors this till you are blue in the face in person with life stories of shit that actually happened to you. I use the story of my beat up 91GT and how it basically held my bank account hostage for 2 and a half years until I just said eff it and sold it and got something nice that I could just drive and do bolt ons and still have fun with and actually have money to do stuff with my friends and not be ashamed to go pick up a girl in a 1986 Honda Accord beater or the ratty 91GT. That 1995 Cobra was a LOT better to show up in on a first date I will say that much lol.

Nasty_00_Fobra

Established Member
WHOA!!! u bought an lsx block!!! zomggg, build must almost be done now

i spent 700 bucks on just arp bolts for my motor
good luck with your "budget"

Lol you again?? First off a lsx is a special ls motor not just any motor...there are specific blocks called lsx blocks

rideorange812

Established Member
this guy went out and got a Volkswagen bug... I know him personally from advance and me and his cousin just read through this whole thread lol.... and his cousin was held up behind him in all the corners lolol

Users who are viewing this thread