Anyone Cable Cutters using YoutubeTV?

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I heard this from someone that designed, built, and managed multiple cable systems:

"Profit margin for cable is about 10%, profit margin for internet is about 60-68%."

Cable companies really don't give a shit if they keep losing (cable) business.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Honestly, I do not think this is cutting the cord considering you're still spending over $50 a month on youtube TV.

Get a roku and sub to Netflix and Hulu and Amazon prime if you pay yearly. That would kind of be like cutting the cord if you ask me.

Coiled03

Established Member
Some of you have a weird definition of cutting the cord lol.

I was thinking the same thing

Pray tell, how do you two define it, oh wise ones?

I don't think cutting the cord ever meant pirating what you watch, rather switching to streaming services that allow you pay less, and get fewer channels you don't watch.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member

I don't think cutting the cord ever meant pirating what you watch, rather switching to streaming services that allow you pay less, and get fewer channels you don't watch.
They and you all have valid points but eliminating cable and replacing it with multiple streaming services that ultimately add up to the same cost is kind of a moot point

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
I went from DirecTV to PlaystationVue and get more channels for less money. I was already paying for Netflix (have been since they actually sent DVD's) and I would have likely payed for Disney+ when it comes out if I had kept DTV. Even if it cost the same, but I was getting more than I was before it would be a win.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

This! That is my take on "cutting the cord", too. Dropping from $225 to $50 a month is a pretty radical "cut" in TV viewing costs.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
They and you all have valid points but eliminating cable and replacing it with multiple streaming services that ultimately add up to the same cost is kind of a moot point

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
For my personal situation, it's either $160 per month for TV+internet to watch F1 (without DVR), or ~$100 per month for Youtube TV (unlimited DVR) + Internet + Netflix, which I share with my wife on our phones, my sister, a good buddy, and brother in law.

That's almost $700 per year, which I think would fit better in my Roth than paying for the home shopping network or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread