Anyone build a "powerpipe" for a Procharger?

Erich

Established Member
Here is what I have so far. I have the 45 degree bend still in bubblewrap. The polished aluminum scratches if you even look at it. I cut both ends of the 90 degree. The air filter gets a slight straight extension (maybe 2 inch) and points slanted and down. Another bend would help. No question I will have to notch the hood some.
DSC03148.jpg

Erich

Hotrodvdog

Established Member
No it's not. I redid all the intercooler piping up to the Throttle body and swapped to a different MAF. The coupler is from Hellion. It's pricey, but it was the only one I could find that was correct.

So what would be the size coupler I would need? 4.5" to 3.5" ? Is the throttle body 4.5" in diameter?

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Here is a pic of mine:

DSC00288.gif

Pretty basic. I used a 3.5" silicon coupler, and 3.5" piping. I used 1 45 degree pipe, and 1 90 degree pipe. I cut and trimmed them to fit as needed, and topped it off with a 9"x3.5" AEM Driflow filter. It works perfect, and looks a million times better then the POS procharger parts.

That is a very clean job man! :rockon:

What did you do with the PCV system there on the drivers side? Got anymore pictures? I'm trying to figure out something about the pipe that connects from the fenderwell pipe up to the throttlebody like yours. How much did the coupler from hellion cost?

Also, I know procharger makes a metal oval elbow for the 99+ cobra kits, I'm wondering if I could make that work somehow. I think it would point the piping right to the procharger though.

Helomech74

Established Member
That is a very clean job man! :rockon:

What did you do with the PCV system there on the drivers side? Got anymore pictures? I'm trying to figure out something about the pipe that connects from the fenderwell pipe up to the throttlebody like yours. How much did the coupler from hellion cost?

Also, I know procharger makes a metal oval elbow for the 99+ cobra kits, I'm wondering if I could make that work somehow. I think it would point the piping right to the procharger though.

I am running a catch can for my PCV system, so what you are seeing over there is the -10AN lines that are running to the catch can itself. I machined some -10 fittings for the valve covers and have one line running from the passenger side over to a "T" fitting on the driver side, then from "T" to the catch can. I'll have to look and see if I have any pics of that side of the car.

The Hellion coupler with the T-bolt clamp was like 68 bucks if I remember correctly. It wasn't cheap, but then again, no one else had anything that would fit. The Procharger pipe for the 99+ kit comes out at a 90 degree so it wouldn't work. Although, the 03/04 Procharger kit has one that I think would work. Look at pictures of it on Procharger's website. It'll probably cost an arm and a leg though.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
I am running a catch can for my PCV system, so what you are seeing over there is the -10AN lines that are running to the catch can itself. I machined some -10 fittings for the valve covers and have one line running from the passenger side over to a "T" fitting on the driver side, then from "T" to the catch can. I'll have to look and see if I have any pics of that side of the car.

The Hellion coupler with the T-bolt clamp was like 68 bucks if I remember correctly. It wasn't cheap, but then again, no one else had anything that would fit. The Procharger pipe for the 99+ kit comes out at a 90 degree so it wouldn't work. Although, the 03/04 Procharger kit has one that I think would work. Look at pictures of it on Procharger's website. It'll probably cost an arm and a leg though.

Cool, yeah I'd like to see how you set it up exactly. I have a homemade catch can inbetween the pcv valve on the drivers side and the intake manifold. And then the drivers side valve cover has a hose going to the powerpipe on the procharger. I'd like to eliminate that to a "real" catch can. And I want to get rid of this plastic throttlebody pipe for sure!

How did you put the fittings on the valvecovers? Did you have to weld them on? Thanks for the info! :beer:

Helomech74

Established Member
Cool, yeah I'd like to see how you set it up exactly. I have a homemade catch can inbetween the pcv valve on the drivers side and the intake manifold. And then the drivers side valve cover has a hose going to the powerpipe on the procharger. I'd like to eliminate that to a "real" catch can. And I want to get rid of this plastic throttlebody pipe for sure!

How did you put the fittings on the valvecovers? Did you have to weld them on? Thanks for the info! :beer:

The fittings on the valve covers are made out of -10AN threaded male/threaded male unions. I kept one side normal, the other side I turned down on my lathe to get rid of the threads on all but the very end. This created a little barb that I just pressed into the PCV rubber grommet. Basically I just created what the end of the PCV valve looks like. They plug right in and have plenty of tension to hold them in place. I think I am going to do another set, but this time just use weld on -10 fittings and weld them in place.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
The fittings on the valve covers are made out of -10AN threaded male/threaded male unions. I kept one side normal, the other side I turned down on my lathe to get rid of the threads on all but the very end. This created a little barb that I just pressed into the PCV rubber grommet. Basically I just created what the end of the PCV valve looks like. They plug right in and have plenty of tension to hold them in place. I think I am going to do another set, but this time just use weld on -10 fittings and weld them in place.

oh ok, cool idea! Unfortunately I don't have a lathe haha. Let me know if you wanna sell those when you make the new ones! And if you have thoes pics send'em my way. :rockon:

Cetzrichard4ster

Here is a pic of mine:

View attachment 913786

Pretty basic. I used a 3.5" silicon coupler, and 3.5" piping. I used 1 45 degree pipe, and 1 90 degree pipe. I cut and trimmed them to fit as needed, and topped it off with a 9"x3.5" AEM Driflow filter. It works perfect, and looks a million times better then the POS procharger parts.
Hi you think you can put the pic back up because it's not there im trying to make one my self at this point and everyone saying good things about yours thanks

Helomech74

Established Member
Hi you think you can put the pic back up because it's not there im trying to make one my self at this point and everyone saying good things about yours thanks
I don't have pictures anymore and the one I made has since been removed and a blower guard installed in it's place.

Users who are viewing this thread