Anyone bought a 07 Shelby GT at Invoice?

RomeoR

Established Member
Has anyone bought an 07 shelby gt for under 30K, I called Northside Ford in San Antonio, to purchase a white Shelby, they had given me an internet price for 28,495 with the X-plan. This happen on a Thursday, I was supposed to have gone into the dealership on Saturday to purchase the car, however on saturday morning my salesman called me to tell me the car had been sold on friday, unfortuately that was the last 07 they have available in San Antonio, I have called around to Houston and Dallas but the dealers keep telling me that they price would be the x-plan price plus the shelby package which is an additional 8,300.00. When I had originally talked to Northside they told me that 28,495.00 would be the total price plust ttl ofcourse.

So is what Northside telling me right or where they trying to do a bait and switch?

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
I've seen two Shebly's in the northern VA area (where I live) for under 30k. That's before tags, tax, etc...so a little over. It's going to become harder and harder to find an 07 however. Good luck man! Be patient (but fast) trying to find a 07 Shelby!

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
how is this possible? are they giving away the shelby package and gass guzzler tax? and selling it below what a premium gt sells for? i wouldn't believe it unless you get it in writing......i'm calling bs on these deals.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
I have called around to Houston and Dallas but the dealers keep telling me that they price would be the x-plan price plus the shelby package which is an additional 8,300.00. When I had originally talked to Northside they told me that 28,495.00 would be the total price plust ttl ofcourse.

28,495.00 + 8,300.00 = 36,795.00, now that's a little more realistic

RomeoR

Established Member

28495 +8300 is what Houston and Dallas is telling me, but Nortside said 28495 +ttl. So I am going to continue calling around today in hopes that it was not a bait and switch.

RomeoR

Established Member

28495 +8300 is what Houston and Dallas is telling me, but Nortside said 28495 +ttl. So I am going to continue calling around today in hopes that it was not a bait and switch.

doubletrouble

The Mad Scientist
Established Member
I work for a Lincoln-Mercury dealership and I got Ford employee pricing on my 07 Shelby GT. YOU HAVE TO ADD 8390 to whatever they sell you the base price of the GT for. There is no way around it. The 8390 was paid through the parts dept at their dealership(to shelby automobiles) and there is no discount on the shelby package AT ALL. So it would have been your 28,495+8390. Believe me I did a lot of research on this! Still a very good price, as I'm sure most people paid way more than that when they first came out. A Shelby GT under 36,885 is impossible unless you get employee pricing.

RomeoR

Established Member
I work for a Lincoln-Mercury dealership and I got Ford employee pricing on my 07 Shelby GT. YOU HAVE TO ADD 8390 to whatever they sell you the base price of the GT for. There is no way around it. The 8390 was paid through the parts dept at their dealership(to shelby automobiles) and there is no discount on the shelby package AT ALL. So it would have been your 28,495+8390. Believe me I did a lot of research on this! Still a very good price, as I'm sure most people paid way more than that when they first came out. A Shelby GT under 36,885 is impossible unless you get employee pricing.

Looks like you are right my friend! so far no luck, so I was talking to some friends and they are telling me that the 08 bullitt will come with the exact same setup as the 07-08 shelby gt's but without the shelby package price tag so I am contemplating waiting for the bullitt what do you all think?

doubletrouble

The Mad Scientist
Established Member
Looks like you are right my friend! so far no luck, so I was talking to some friends and they are telling me that the 08 bullitt will come with the exact same setup as the 07-08 shelby gt's but without the shelby package price tag so I am contemplating waiting for the bullitt what do you all think?

The bullitt is missing the suspension, and the exterior styling is rather bland. Looks like a V6 with dual exhaust. Also the dash is barf. Its got an open element air filter and its missing a tune. Plus they just did a bullitt in 01. The last time they had a shelby mustang was 30+ years ago. But to each his own.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The bullitt is missing the suspension, and the exterior styling is rather bland. Looks like a V6 with dual exhaust. Also the dash is barf. Its got an open element air filter and its missing a tune. Plus they just did a bullitt in 01. The last time they had a shelby mustang was 30+ years ago. But to each his own.

yea but it actually has suspension travel!!!!! word on the street is that its running laps faster than the shelby gt at miller motorsports park.

the bullitt is bland, and green just like the 68 390!

dash is a matter of opinion.

it has a tune, actually it has 2 tunes. one for 87, this one makes 4 less horspower than the shelby gt does with 93. the other tune is for 93, this tune has already dynod at 288rwhp and 308rwtq. this means that on 93 on bullitt running about 330 crank horsepower or 10 more than the shelby gt!
http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/mmfp_071106_2008_ford_bullitt_mustang/photo_07.html

the open air filter is the lastest from frpp and has a complete seal from engine heat.

and finally the bullitt starts out at 31k the same price as a nicely optioned mustang gt. and about 8k less than the shelby gt!
same performance as the shelby gt for 8k less? nice job ford!!!!

RomeoR

Established Member
yea but it actually has suspension travel!!!!! word on the street is that its running laps faster than the shelby gt at miller motorsports park.

the bullitt is bland, and green just like the 68 390!

dash is a matter of opinion.

it has a tune, actually it has 2 tunes. one for 87, this one makes 4 less horspower than the shelby gt does with 93. the other tune is for 93, this tune has already dynod at 288rwhp and 308rwtq. this means that on 93 on bullitt running about 330 crank horsepower or 10 more than the shelby gt!
http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/mmfp_071106_2008_ford_bullitt_mustang/photo_07.html

the open air filter is the lastest from frpp and has a complete seal from engine heat.

and finally the bullitt starts out at 31k the same price as a nicely optioned mustang gt. and about 8k less than the shelby gt!
same performance as the shelby gt for 8k less? nice job ford!!!!

I would have to agree with you, both cars are different and the Shelby GT is a SHELBY after all, but if I can get a mustang that performs the same or even better for 8k less. not only that but the Bullit will also be a limited run so is not like everyone around town will have one I think I am going to wait after all, I mean I had already waited a year for the shelby to start selling at sticker only to find out I still have to pay for the package whats a couple of more months for the bullit

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I would have to agree with you, both cars are different and the Shelby GT is a SHELBY after all, but if I can get a mustang that performs the same or even better for 8k less. not only that but the Bullit will also be a limited run so is not like everyone around town will have one I think I am going to wait after all, I mean I had already waited a year for the shelby to start selling at sticker only to find out I still have to pay for the package whats a couple of more months for the bullit

bullitts should start arriving early jan 08. some even last week of 07. a lot of dealers are selling the first bullitts for msrp, some lower. some dealers are even selling the bullitt x-plan pricing. this would be below 30k before ttl! go order one for below msrp today if you like the look of the bullitt.

DMMIII

Established Member
Most dealers with left over 07 Shelby GT's are starting to deal on them since they are sitting right next to the 08's. I was interested in a Bullitt until I discovered my 07 SGT for Z plan (27,558+8390-1000=34,958). I think it was a fair price plus it already has the performance parts that I would have added.

Blachatch

Established Member
What do these shlby gt's compare to th 03-04 cobra im sure you can find a nice low milage cobra for about 10k cheaper and it will be faster than the bullit and shelby.. unless you are buying it for the collector car aspect of it..

RomeoR

Established Member
not really collector but I like the body style and I have to admit I like the whole limited edition deal but not the deciding factor

blown9350lx

JazboSVT
Established Member
I paid 38k for mine it is a gt with every option with the shelby package I thought I got a great deal since they were asking 43k for it.

Users who are viewing this thread