anyone add a x-pipe after the catback?

SB 03

Established Member
was wondering if anyone added a off road x-pipe after the catback, and if anyone did any dyno comparisons. Just wondering because looks like a pretty good gain with the catback alone, if there is not a significant gain, maybe I wont run an offroad pipe
Thanks, Greg

Cobra'03

Established Member
I am doing what you are considering, but adding a CATTED x-pipe. There is little benefit in ditching the cats compared to a performance catted x-pipe, and a lot less fouling of the air - why not have your cake and eat it too, without farting around everyone else - that is my plan.:thumbsup:

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
Originally posted by Cobra'03
I am doing what you are considering, but adding a CATTED x-pipe. There is little benefit in ditching the cats compared to a performance catted x-pipe, and a lot less fouling of the air - why not have your cake and eat it too, without farting around everyone else - that is my plan.:thumbsup:

Yep Yep. I talked to two different local tuners, JDM and Bassani when i was picking up my setup and all said the same thing- leave the cats in or you'll loose low-end torque. Not sure why, but the motor likes a little backpressure. :shrug:

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
I'll have dyno numbers wednesday.I am adding Bassani 03 Catted pipe to exhaust that already has the Mac Catback..

Jim V.

Users who are viewing this thread