Anybody want to haul a truck for me?

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
I know this is a major stretch, but thought I would throw it out in case someone knew someone that knows someone who might be interested.

I have been trying to get my F-150 out to WA state from Ohio for my son, the shipping companies are coming up dry so far. Might have had something to do with the Thanksgiving weekend/weather out there...not sure.

Anyhow, my truck is in Dover Ohio, 44622, and I need to get it towed out to WA state, Bremerton, Tacoma, or even Seattle would work.

Willing to pay 1500 bucks...

So, if you know someone with a truck and trailer that has time on their hands lemme know...

OR, if someone has free time and wants to drive it out there I guess that would work too.

Again, realize this is a big stretch but thought I would post on up...

Ken

:beer::beer:

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Thanks Scott, will do.

Let's get back on track together soon, that is still the most fun I have had on track.

FOCI should be done soon...

Ken

Last edited:

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Just ask Jon Putnam how much fun three of us had on open track time at VIR a few months back. Now THAT was a blast. The more the merrier!

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
If anyone is up for a drive I have a truck in WA I have been wanting for a long time. 8.0L GMC 2500 with a Whipple! Drop this one off and bring the other back to me

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
My son is moving into his new place on the 19th of Dec, trying to get this out to him by then.

Where in wa state is your GMC?

Yakima, WA. About 2.5 Hours SE of Seattle. Been wanting to buy it from my sister in law for a few years now. She has no need for that much truck.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Guys, my wife's brother & sister in law live near Seattle. She's been really wanting to go out and see them, but never had the time when teaching. Now that she's retired, we might be up for a road trip.

But, she has sub work scheduled through early Jan, so it would have to be later than that. And we may not even want to go in winter (does it snow out there, or is it like California?)

I'll check with her and see if she's at all interested.

And since I-80 goes through Bonneville, we can see what the top speeds are on those puppies. :burnout:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Hmmm, so this is like a funded road-trip? Driving a whippled 8.0L might not be bad on the way back lol. I got plenty of leave, anyone want to go in on this?

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
If anyone is serious, please let me know as I have shipping companies calling me again now.

I just sent out the request again this afternoon and now they are getting back to me. I am just weary at best in picking a company, one dude said 950 total....ummm

I would still rather fund the "road trip"t 1500 bucks and know we can trust the truck getting there in good shape.

If I had the time off, I would love to do it...

I did back to back cross country trips when I moved out here from Seattle area, first in the COBRA, then with the same F-150 pulling my Goldwing out here...

NOTE:::::

Di and I can get you to Ohio where the truck is at over a weekend, party at our lake house :beer::beer:that night, then take off in the morning...

Just saying...

Truck has just been serviced and is good to go...:banana::banana:

Ken

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
So is Tim serious about bringing the GMC back? Gotta have a way to get home. Asking a friend about this now...

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Dale, or just hop a plane back, no biggy.

I would love to do this but don't think I have the time! But that hasn't stopped me from thinking about it haha.

951MystiCobra

Cobraless and Lurking.
Established Member
I would LOVE to take a road trip cross-country. Sounds like a blast. How about all of MACA get in on this "cruise"?? hahhahaa

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
So Ken, is this the Lightning we're talking about moving?? We could set a cross country record for a truck :D

Just wondering, what are the specs on the truck? Year, cab size, 4WD I'm guessing?

Me and a buddy are debating doing this next weekend. Mapquest says 2500 miles and 37 hours for the drive. The way back is 2800 miles and 42 hrs. Looks like a good 4 days of driving if its all straight.

Last edited:

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Thanks all for considering it, this would have been a blast I am sure.... but the guy that I have been working with for a few weeks finally got back to me and it will be going out there on the 14th.

Dale 1994 F-150 Eddie Bauer Extended Cab, 2WD 155k on the clock 5.0 motor

Truck is in great shape, inside and out, no rust at all!

I tried to give it to Greg for 1500 bucks :??: when it was sitting in my driveway right after I bought the "L"..... I did not need 2 trucks and simply wanted some driveway space...he turned it down :rollseyes

Anyhow, had I known that some MACA folks would have really been interested I would have and should have started out here :bash:

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread