Anybody used a "MAFterburner" chip?

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
I was reading a 5.0 magazine last night and came across this article regarding a MAFterburner pc chip. The short of it is that it splices into your pc and "intercepts" the air/fuel curve. Then by simply adjusting a slider, one can easily adjust his a/f ratio, ie..leaner or richer.

Any thoughts?

http://www.seanhylandmotorsports.com is the gentleman whom makes it.

SnakeDriver97

Newly Minted Ensign
Established Member
I have one but haven't installed it yet. If checked out the software and it looks easy enough. I just got a blower installed so I was going to use to switch between an agressive (track tune) and a conservative (street) tune. I have the plus version a witch has 2 sets of tables. From what I've read, it's best for nitrous applications where correct a/f ratios are a necessitiy.
I'm going to install it sometime this week and take it to the dyno next sat.

Actually, Sean Hyland is the main distributer. Zone-5 Performance is the manufacturer. Sean Hyland's website has a MAFterburner tech forum you where you could ask some questions. MJ Chiappetta is the owner of Zone-5 and made the MAFterburner. If you get his email address (I lost it) you can ask him any questions. He's a real nice guy, drives an '03...in fact he posts on here and modular4v, corral etc...he goes by MJ Chia or some derivation of. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
The one in 5.0 is the Maf"tuner"

I saw one on a Vortech'd 99 GT this weekend.

When you are using the POTS, you can adjust your A/F with 4 different parameters.

When you use a laptop, you can adjust your A/F with over 20 parameters in RPM increments, (if im not mistaken)

He tuned that thing so well. The A/F ratio graph was almost exactly 12.0 all the way across the board.

-Homer

Joe Lynch

Established Member
MAFterburner

One of the magazines also had an article on the MAFterburner from Zone V Performance. I have had a MAFterburner Plus on my 99 Cobra for a year. It is one of the best modificaations I have purchased for my car.

I have a C&L air meter and the MAFterburner has allowed me to correct the air fuel ratio perfectly over the entire rpm range when running on motor only.

I also use the MAFterburner Plus to tune the car when on nitrous. I use the MAFterburner Plus' built in window switch and TPS switch for my nitrous system controller. Then fine tune the air fuel ratio using a separate correction on nitrous than is used for motor runs.

The software is excellent, the hardware is reliable, and it is much easier and quicker than a chip. I have my own wide band and data logging equipment plus a TwEECer. I do all air:fuel ratio tuning at the drag strip and dyno using the MAFterburner Plus.

Joe Lynch

Users who are viewing this thread