Anybody up for a road trip??

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I am looking at doing my annual road trip next month. Dates will be June 10-13th. Looking at probably going up through the painted desert, to 4 corners, down to Meteor Crater, the petrified forrest and wherever else the car leads me. I went on a 3 day one last year and did about 1,200 miles. I had a great time and ended up with over 350 pictures of just about everything I saw. Just thought I would throw the offer out there. I know it's hard for people to get off from work and away from their busy lives to do something like this, but believe me, it is well worth it. This was the most relaxing vacation I have ever had, and I did nothing but drive. Just something to think about. :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

adeq8

Chris - I like it. Staying in motels of course. We would need a rendezvous point. OOPS! That is the same weekend as the SVT kart races in Phoenix. Another weekend, perhaps? Tony

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I am up for changing weekends if I know I can get others to come with. if not, this weekend works the best for me because my wife and son will be out of town from June 8-16. Let me know.

Chris

adeq8

Chris, I like the idea and I am not committed to the Kart races but I would like to do both. Keep the idea out there and I'll find out more about the Kart races and keep in touch. It would be a pretty ride. Tony

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Tony just let me know. So long as I know the week of the 6th so I can adjust my hours at work accordingly I can change the weekends. I am dying to get away for those few days just to relax. :rockon:

Chris

AzDropTop

Established Member
I could probably hook up with you guys for a Sat/Sun type of deal, but I have the kid when Kari is at work? The cart races are a must do-loads o'fun. Maybe you could work them into your trip some how?

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Rick, what day is the cart races? I guess I could do the trip backwards from what I planned to make it to the races.. I am still uncertain where I am going on the trip, but more than likely I will end up going to 4 corners, the Painted desert, Petrified Forest, Meteor Crater, and wherever else I have time to go. Should be a good trip again this year :rockon:

Chris

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Tell her to wait another week! Seriously though, if people will actually go the following weekend, I will delay it a week. I'd love to have some other cars going, but like I said earlier, I know how hard it is to get away from work and the family. Most of us have a wife and kid(s) and it's difficult to get away. This will be my only vacation this year from the looks of it, so I am definitely looking forward to it.

Chris

AzDropTop

Established Member
Chris_H said:
Rick, what day is the cart races? I guess I could do the trip backwards from what I planned to make it to the races.. I am still uncertain where I am going on the trip, but more than likely I will end up going to 4 corners, the Painted desert, Petrified Forest, Meteor Crater, and wherever else I have time to go. Should be a good trip again this year :rockon:

Chris

Hey Chris, races on the 11th and it looks like SVTOA meeting in Mesa on the 4th, 1pm. The weekend of the meeting doesn't work for me. I'm actually scheduled to work the 2nd 4th and 6th. The weekend of the 11th I am on my 6, so it's a possibility.

VenemousShadow

Go Cats!
Established Member
lol chris, Im sure she'd go for that, although Im sure she wouldnt be suprised at my attempt to move it for something to do with my car.....

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
See Steve you need to get her used to it now! The sooner you start making other plans with the guys & the cars, the sooner she will get used to it and not even worry about it anymore! Then again you may stay single the rest of you life if you do! :lol1:

Rick & the rest of you reading this, it looks like I will probably make the cart races on the 12th. I will just do the route backwards from what I had planned. I figured so long as I got out of Phx at a decent time on Saturday I wouldn't be real pressed for getting everything done that I want to do. And if I don't go everywhere I wanted to, there is always next year :rockon: Plan on me being there the 12th. Rick, if you can shoot me the details on that when you have time, it would be appreciated.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread