Anybody running 295/30/20s?

Dinosgt

Established Member
Folks ;

I recently posted a thread about my problems with getting my 305/30/20 Michelin cup 2s under the rear. The tires stick out of the rear fender about 5 mm, and I have struggled with getting any tire guy who can help me (see thread for details), other than to recommend a smaller tire. Ultimately I need to decide where to go, and one option is to use the 295/30/20 in the Cup 2s. (There is no 295/35 available)

Anyone running the 295/30 (any tire maker). If so, what is your experience? Any pics?

Thanks much ...

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you have any pictures of what the car looks luke with the 305s?

89Saleen215

Established Member
I was running the old Nitto Proxes 4 in 295/30...didn't like the rubber band tire look so I went to a 295/35 MPSS. The MPSS's rub sometimes when the suspension is compressed. The 295/30's didn't really rub at all since the Nitto section/tread width is smaller. The section/tread width between the different tire manufacturers can make a difference. Maybe look at that spec when choosing a tire.

You also didn't mention if your rear diff is centered with the panhard bar setup. That can make a difference too. Is one side sticking out more than the other? Just something else to consider.

blue 07

Established Member
I don't know if this will help at all, but I'll throw it out there for you, I'm running 285/35/20 ' s on my 13. They sit right at the edge, lowering springs will be no issue when installed, soon ! IMG_3649.JPG IMG_3648.JPG IMG_3234.JPG

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
I had 295/30/20 on a 2005 stang. I thought they looked great. They should be on my old cardomain page, user limitedex.

Dinosgt

Established Member

Dinosgt

Established Member
I was running the old Nitto Proxes 4 in 295/30...didn't like the rubber band tire look so I went to a 295/35 MPSS. The MPSS's rub sometimes when the suspension is compressed. The 295/30's didn't really rub at all since the Nitto section/tread width is smaller. The section/tread width between the different tire manufacturers can make a difference. Maybe look at that spec when choosing a tire.

You also didn't mention if your rear diff is centered with the panhard bar setup. That can make a difference too. Is one side sticking out more than the other? Just something else to consider.

Thanks. I posted a long post about a bunch of research I did on section width etc. - most frustrating thing is that all tire makers don't measure the various variable consistently, so it's almost impossible to plan an unusual fitment without relying on someone else's experience.

Btw the adjustable pan hard is set to center.

Thx

Dinosgt

Established Member

s197clutch

Just found this thread and I'm curious if a 20x11 with a 50mm offset will fit okay wrapped in a 305? Anybody at all running something similar? I just mocked it up without rubber today and it looks extremely tight lol.

Dinosgt

Established Member
Just found this thread and I'm curious if a 20x11 with a 50mm offset will fit okay wrapped in a 305? Anybody at all running something similar? I just mocked it up without rubber today and it looks extremely tight lol.

Depends on what you mean by "fit".

My experience is it depends on the brand of tire. My 55mm offset rim with a cup 2 tire sticks out 4mm.

It shouldn't be a problem inside the wheel well. But the outside is a tad different.

Also depends on your tolerance for the tire sticking out past the wheel arch.

Dinosgt

Established Member
Depends on what you mean by "fit".

My experience is it depends on the brand of tire. My 55mm offset rim with a cup 2 tire sticks out 4mm.

It shouldn't be a problem inside the wheel well. But the outside is a tad different.

Also depends on your tolerance for the tire sticking out past the wheel arch.

Forgot to add - I decided to cut another 3mm off the hub for a total offset of 58. I don't like the tires sticking out.

Just personal preference - not knocking anyone's ride.

s197clutch

Dinosgt. Thanks man I was just wondering if they would run without any rubbing on suspension parts and fenders before buying the rubber as far as the fitment part meant. I wanted to make sure they would clear everything cause it just looked so damn tight mocked up. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread