Anybody looking for some action during Mustang week?

C6Z06427

Established Member
Yea its cool that the staff at MW set up all the racing stuff, but its a waste of time imho.

Autocross setup is weak as most are. Please tell me when will you ever use that in real life.
Secondly from what i heard, the prep for the drag strip was less than stellar
. I know that had to feel great driving 3 hours roundtrip for some crappy runs

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Yea its cool that the staff at MW set up all the racing stuff, but its a waste of time imho.

Autocross setup is weak as most are. Please tell me when will you ever use that in real life.
Secondly from what i heard, the prep for the drag strip was less than stellar
. I know that had to feel great driving 3 hours roundtrip for some crappy runs

Well, what you hear and what is actually happening is quite often 2 different things. Guys getting new PR's out there means the track prep couldn't have been but so bad. I didn't go there, but didn't hear anything bad about it.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
We ran a few people in a friends 04 SY car on 17 going towards georgetown. I imagine one guy was from here since it was a 99-01 vert vortech or procharged car. Get away from people if you plan to run anyone. The rural part of 17 is a wasteland and open. It's not cool to be doing it around a bunch of innocent bystanders and just people trying to get to krystals. lol.

D.T.R

Established Member
I never stated that i thought or even attempted to race near people. I said that it would've been cool to go to a laid back area and run... With no one around. Like someone said.. driving 3hrs to the track didnt seem so appealing .. Especially when the temps were near 100 degrees. Sorry i set My expectations too high for this. All this MW is a bunch of hard parkers (aside from the awesome Shop/race cars that vendors bring)... Seemed like a bunch of mid life crisis 50+ yrs Old that brought out their garage & dyno queens out to get compliment by some 18yr girls. Not My cup of tea... I wont ever again drive 6.5hrs to see the same cars over and over... 5 days straight

Last edited:

kachup

Established Member
lol reason why i never went to MW in the cobra.. A bunch of "mature i got a quick car but i never race it type of people".
except the vendors they give you good deals..
TX2k will always be the best for me and it started the same, supra's meeting up to show off but then it became a racing event.

but im not trying to start anything, but everyone at least once they street race and i dont like when people act like they dont. If you drive 3 hours away for the track, why not drive somewhere away from the city where is remote/safe street with a group of people and call it mexico for the night. Or go up to the mountain and take some corners. And middle finger to who ever does not like it. i dont see the point of spending or taking the week off just to show off your car and "rev your engine" only lol

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
You guys are too cool. How times did you watch fast and furious today? I cant believe anyone street races anymore.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
If it was just the wife and I we would've gone out a little more often. The only time it was just us was on the coyote cruise. I wasn't going to be racing with my kids in the car. But my parents came down to see the kids so we sat around and drank in between trips to the beach to get sun burned lol

D.T.R

Established Member
lol reason why i never went to MW in the cobra.. A bunch of "mature i got a quick car but i never race it type of people".
except the vendors they give you good deals..
TX2k will always be the best for me and it started the same, supra's meeting up to show off but then it became a racing event.

but im not trying to start anything, but everyone at least once they street race and i dont like when people act like they dont. If you drive 3 hours away for the track, why not drive somewhere away from the city where is remote/safe street with a group of people and call it mexico for the night. Or go up to the mountain and take some corners. And middle finger to who ever does not like it. i dont see the point of spending or taking the week off just to show off your car and "rev your engine" only lol

Exactly. Couldnt agree anymore.
It's cool to get out of the mall and nailed it with a couple hundred people on the side of the road and Bumper to Bumper traffic on the other side, but it's so wrong to set up a small group of mature people to go do some reason in the middle of no where lmao. Can you say double standards? As far as i know, i've see more videos of those idiots lossing control and hitting another car when coming out of the mall than actual racing going bad.

D.T.R

Established Member
If it was just the wife and I we would've gone out a little more often. The only time it was just us was on the coyote cruise. I wasn't going to be racing with my kids in the car. But my parents came down to see the kids so we sat around and drank in between trips to the beach to get sun burned lol

If you had your kids with you, I totally understand and I wouldnt want to be near any racing either.

Users who are viewing this thread