Anybody listen to Volbeat?

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
I don't know what it is about this band, but I've got this love/hate relationship with them. Every time I hear them, I think Michael Poulsen sounds like the Swedish Chef from The Muppets, yet I can't seem to get them out of my head and find myself enjoying some of their music - especially their songs Fallen and Lola Montez.

What do you guys think?
Good band or not?

Last edited:

2QWKHUH

Established Member
I listen to them. They are coming to MMRBQ 2014 at Susquehanna Center. I'm actually pretty happy, although not GFs favorite but she'll still go.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
Lola Montez makes me want to plunge a 12" screwdriver into my ears!

other than that, i'm about 50/50 on their stuff.

snakedoctor

Established Member
They are one of the new bands on the radio that I can tolerate listening to and don't immediately go up to change the channel. The actual music is good but the singer's voice does get on my nerves a little. It sounds like he's singing with a mouthful of marbles

aarons04cobra

Established Member
that song by them that plays on the radio and occasionally through my Pandora is pretty good IMO. I believe its called heaven or hell?

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
that song by them that plays on the radio and occasionally through my Pandora is pretty good IMO. I believe its called heaven or hell?

i learned that song on guitar after the 2nd or 3rd time i heard it. i like volbeat. i think they have a solid classic rock sound. id compare them to green day and STP.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I like em, despite that I have trouble understanding about a third of what they say in some songs

dooberGN

Established Member
I think I have heard two if their songs on the radio and they sounded very similar. Catchy songs though.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
this, I bought one of their albums. I like the sound, but not enough to follow them

Not follow them? You're the only one in the thread that paid for their music. :beer:

I'm surprised by everyone's replies. I figured there would be at least half of the comments that rock out to Volbeat... I love most of their music! :rockon::rockon:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I enjoy hearing them on the radio, but dont go out of my way for them. But I rarely look up and listen to any specific music.

Good beats with a bit of a unique sound, which I like!

Users who are viewing this thread