Anybody know the part number for RP Synchromax trans fluid

fatrubbers304

Established Member
Everything I keep finding looks like gear oil. Also has anyone tried amsoil synchromesh? Just had a stage 2 build done and wanna use the best in it as The previous owner had RP synchromax in it last time before it failed. Any recommendations are welcome on what you guys are running. Car makes right at 600 rwhp

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
What does the company that did the upgrades recommend? They might have something they prefer.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
What does the company that did the upgrades recommend? They might have something they prefer.
this

different parts seem to want different things. My Magnum was dog shit with RP in it but people with other transmissions seem to like it.

olympic

Established Member
Factory spec calls for ATF. I use Amsoil Signature Series Multi-Vehicle ATF, works great, no issues.

fatrubbers304

Established Member
this

different parts seem to want different things. My Magnum was dog shit with RP in it but people with other transmissions seem to like it.
I have read so many mixed reviews to the point I’m like if it messes up again then so be it. I am sure RP synchromax was in it before and i had to replace the counter shaft and input shaft… Probly just my crappy driving lol

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have RP syncromax in my car. Seems to shift better than the Pennzoil syncromesh I had previously. Been running it for years.

Recently put it in my 90 coupe as well.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

fatrubbers304

Established Member
I think I’m gonna follow unleashed beast on Amsoil trans fluid. I sent a email to tick performance who did the rebuild and was told it was not a good idea to use synchromesh trans fluid due to our carbon blocker rings. It sucks because I just spent 70$ on RP synchromax and it literally arrived today and I’m scared to use it lol. Trans rebuilds are expensive

fatrubbers304

Established Member
700whp. I have a T56 Magnum.
I’ll be ordering some Amsoil and sending the RP back. Read a lot of info from unleashed beast so gonna follow the Amsoil wagon to be safe. Do you have a certain site you can order from ?

#1 TUNER

Established Member
I build these transmissions day in day out. It's what I do for a living. All I build is manual transmissions. Been doing so for over 20 years. The VERY best is amsoil ss synthetic ATF. Not just saying that either. Seen data and proven tests. It's better. Just my .02

olympic

Established Member
I’ll be ordering some Amsoil and sending the RP back. Read a lot of info from unleashed beast so gonna follow the Amsoil wagon to be safe. Do you have a certain site you can order from ?

I'm in Canada but I just order it direct off the Amsoil website. www.amsoil.com Some stores stock Amsoil products but you'd have to google Amsoil and your location to see what's available.

Users who are viewing this thread