anybody know if MPT0003 pulley on Jegs is the one I need?

KBR

Established Member
Hi ,
The idler pulley on my tensioner started making noise. I want to replace it with a heavy duty one. Looks like Metco MTP0003 is what I need.

Metco website says only available directly from them, but Jegs has same number listed. Would save me about $40.

Anybody know if MPT0003 pulley on Jegs is the one I need...links below?

Metco: Tensioner Pulley for Mustang Cobra & Lightning, : Metco Motorsports

Jegs: Metco Motorsports MTP0003: Tensioner Pulley Heavy Duty Double-Bearing | JEGS

20161207_161311_zpsfvrbrkbb.jpg

Cheers...Happy New Year!!!

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Yes, if it's for your outer belt (i.e. supercharger belt) it's the one you need. Outer belt is 8 rib. Inner belt is 6 rib.

That picture is actually the picture I took of my tensioner pulley when I received it from Metco.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

KBR

Established Member
I just wanted to be sure the one Jegs has listed is grooved. The photo on their site shows a smooth one. Metco does make both smooth and grooved in 76mm.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Well, the item description is correct. The part number is correct. And below the image Jegs has a disclaimer that says "Representative Image. Product images may differ from actual product appearance." Also it says "Free Shipping - Ships directly from the manufacturer on 01/08/20." So, if you have any question just call Metco to verify it is the right part. They are great and always ready to help.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Part number is the same. I would just call Jegs to verify the part number and you should be good to go

KBR

Established Member
FYI If anyone orders one of these from Jegs the order will not be filled. I ordered mine only to find out 2 weeks later the order was cancelled. I would have just ordered direct, but I had a gift card and it would have been about $30 cheaper. As stated on Metco's website, these pulleys are only available direct and not always in stock/limited production. Rick at Metco was great to deal with. Now I just have to figure out longer mounting bolts, so I can use my Metco support plate.
IMG_1749.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread