Anybody here launching off a 2-step?

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
I was wondering if anybody in here had their car setup to launch on a studder-box (2-step)? I'm wiring in an MSD 2-step in conjunction to my window switch in a couple weeks. My car should launch harder on a 3K RPM 2-step launch than a 4500 RPM free-rev launch. Anybody got experience with this? Should be fun times.:coolman:

jzepp

Established Member
I had one on my old 84 camaro Z-28........i loved it........launched real hard.......was at a light once and had the 2-step engaged and this idiot in a chevelle looked over and started laughing and said, "sounds like you need a tune up buddy".

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I use the 2-step feature with my Xcal2 at the track and sometimes on the street.

I had to bump mine up to 4500 to keep from bogging though. It did make me a lot more consistent.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
Wow, I didn't know the XCal 2 had the ability to be used as a 2 step... I was on the fence about getting one but at this point, SOLD!

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Ciotti said:
Wow, I didn't know the XCal 2 had the ability to be used as a 2 step... I was on the fence about getting one but at this point, SOLD!

The Xcal2 has a two step option for 99 and up cars with COPs only, not our 96-98s.

Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
It is a soft revlimiter that holds the car at a certain RPM even if you have the pedal WOT.

Usefull for launching consistently or building boost in a turbo app.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
Just out of curiosity, does the MSD dis 4 cut some of the spark to hold the revs constant with the 2 step engaged at WOT or do they bounce up and down as it cuts all of the spark when it hits the dialed in RPM???

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Ciotti said:
Just out of curiosity, does the MSD dis 4 cut some of the spark to hold the revs constant with the 2 step engaged at WOT or do they bounce up and down as it cuts all of the spark when it hits the dialed in RPM???

I know the SCT drops random cylinders. I believe the MSD does too.

Users who are viewing this thread