Anybody Had Bad Clutch Squeal

RonL55SVT

Established Member
Just hit 3400 miles and starting to hear a very annoying squeal from the clutch area. I assume it must be the throw-out bearing.Car has not been driven hard and it seems kind of strange for it too fail so quickly. Obviously into the dealer next week.:( :( :(

ssssnake

Established Member
Originally posted by RonL55SVT
Just hit 3400 miles and starting to hear a very annoying squeal from the clutch area. I assume it must be the throw-out bearing.Car has not been driven hard and it seems kind of strange for it too fail so quickly. Obviously into the dealer next week.:( :( :(

Mine started within the first 1,000 miles. Ford has told me it's not the TOB. But they don't know what it is. It comes and goes. Right now, no squealing.

sonic77

Established Member
I have the clutch squeal. Comes and goes too. Sometimes it's really annoying. Other times it's not there. I suspect the TOB, but I hate to take it back in to the dealer again. It's been there way too many times already for other things. Took it to the dealer once already just for the squeal but they said they couldn't hear it.

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
I had that same squealing clutch noise, but after my stock clutch went, I replaced it and changed the TOB. I no longer have a squeal to it, so I believe it was the TOB's.

CuLaTeR

Established Member
I have the same thing whether the car is hot or cold. Dealer told me that is normal and nothing to worry about. hahaha!! Going in this week to have it taken care of.

bborder

Established Member
Just had mine replaced under warranty because it was squeeling when hot. Probably the TOB, but they replaced the entire clutch assembly.

Users who are viewing this thread