Anybody going?

03CobraVertGrey

Screamin Banshee
Established Member
I was really considering this but found out I can't race my vert w/o a roll bar, unless i hit the brakes after the 1/8 and that's no fun. I would still like to go and watch and still might. It's going to be so hard for me to watch and not race . . . arrggghhhhh!!!!

wythors

Needs a bigger garage
Established Member
Jeremy, we're going up for both days. If you decide to come up on Saturday, we're staying at the Best Western in Mission. If anybody else comes up on Saturday from the club, we were talking about cruising over to White Rock on Saturday night. There's a big muscle car scene there on weekend evenings.

coolguy10786

Established Member
As of right now i have nothing planned, the only thing i may have is work. I should be able to talk my frien with an 99 cobra to go, and my dad with his 04. How long is the drive from seattle?

Stewie 03

Established Member
03CobraVertGrey said:
I was really considering this but found out I can't race my vert w/o a roll bar, unless i hit the brakes after the 1/8 and that's no fun. I would still like to go and watch and still might. It's going to be so hard for me to watch and not race . . . arrggghhhhh!!!!

Talk to me about the required safety items. I am assuming they are based on ET's. Is there a link? I won't be running mid-12's but I am hoping for low 13's.

Stewie 03

Established Member
Stop your sniveling Jeremy. I copied this information from the MFW link. All you need is a driveshaft loop and a helmet and you're good to go unless you plan on running low 11's. :poke:

Drivers of cars running 13.99 or quicker are required to wear a NHRA Approved Snell 95 or newer helmet.
· Cars running 12.99 or quicker will require a driveshaft loop.
·Cars running 11.49 or quicker must have an approved roll bar, SFI belts & jacket.
Cars running 10.99 or quicker must have approved aftermarket axles and harmonic balancer.
·Cars running 9.99 or quicker must have approved roll cage.

03CobraVertGrey

Screamin Banshee
Established Member
Thanks Josh, but I thought I would check just to make sure since they didn't specifically mention verts and here is the email reply after he told me I was good to go:

Hi Jeremy,

Double checked the rules and for vert it's 13.99 for a roll bar... sorry my bad! The Cobra coupes can run to 11.49 and then need a roll bar. Can you still come out and slow it down? I know "slow it down" is like profanity to a Cobra owner... still would like to see you out!

Eric Rowlett
Mega Ford Weekend
604-466-2776
[email protected]
www.megafordweekend.com

It doesn't matter though since I found out I have to attend my brother-in-laws wedding reception. :( But it is nice to be strongly encourage. Have fun! :rolling:

Last edited:

03CobraVertGrey

Screamin Banshee
Established Member
Nope, unfortunately not, answer is hidden at the bottom of my last post under the quote. Take lots of pics and post em up. Have fun. :)

Stewie 03

Established Member
Good thing you checked Jeremy. It would have sucked if you got all the way up there only to find out you couldn't run under 14 without a rollbar. I can see why there is a difference between the coupes and the verts though. Safety first!!

Users who are viewing this thread