Anybody else watch the new Star Trek?

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
TNG with Janeway! They had some great story lines and a nice ending...which I only just saw about 2 months ago on the BBC channel.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I hear ya! Ever tried SlingTV?

been thinking about trying Sling TV or PS Vue. I am leaning more towards Vue based on reviews, interface etc. We have been pretty happy with prime, hulu and netflix as well. Though I hate the new interface that Hulu went to recently, still getting used to it.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
That new Hulu interface BLOWS!! Thankfully, our Samsung TV still has the old interface. The new interface has been pushed to the Roku and Xbox 360, though.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
^^^That is a good idea. I didn't even think of trying the smarttv app for Hulu, just been using firetv and firestick on our TV's, hoping the old Hulu app is still on our Samsung.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
That new Hulu interface BLOWS!! Thankfully, our Samsung TV still has the old interface. The new interface has been pushed to the Roku and Xbox 360, though.

You're not kidding. I can't believe they put that crap out there. Someone should be fired. At least they gave us a month free when my wife called and complained.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Who's still watching?? I knew Cpt. Lorca was as crooked as a Virginia fence! Does anybody watch the After Trek show? It was interesting how they showed how scenes throughout the season lead up to the latest episode.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Who's still watching?? I knew Cpt. Lorca was as crooked as a Virginia fence! Does anybody watch the After Trek show? It was interesting how they showed how scenes throughout the season lead up to the latest episode.

This season is off to a great start and that's quite a twist with Lorca..HOLYSHITBALLS!!!! The deal with LT. Ash Tyler, another big twist. Can't wait for the next episode!

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
You know how they do those car scenes in movies/TV where they're showing a side view of the driver and a truck comes out of nowhere and slams into the driver's side? That's how Lorca's revelation hit me. LOL I knew he was crooked, but I didn't expect that at all.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
i still believe Discovery is a Section 31 vessel, operating within it's time period, just separate from Star Fleet. I'm interested to know how the Defiant ties into the story... last we heard Empress Sato took control of it and took over Earth. This season won't see any cameos, however season 2 they are supposed to..

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
You know how they do those car scenes in movies/TV where they're showing a side view of the driver and a truck comes out of nowhere and slams into the driver's side? That's how Lorca's revelation hit me. LOL I knew he was crooked, but I didn't expect that at all.

Lorca being crooked and more than meets the eye, yes, but did not expect him to be from a parallel universe. Was definitely a shocker.

The revelation with LT. Tyler was a surprise too. I figured the Klingon's had done some Manchurian Candidate shit, but not Klingon swapped his meat suit!

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
especially since Klingons aren't the most developed species with medical or science traits.. it's a wonder how they sold the Romulans old D7 battle cruisers..

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Another great episode this weekend! Anyone else catch it, thoughts?

27067535_1570369586417654_8755970301145560297_n.jpg

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Yeah, it was a good episode. The question I have is what are they gonna do with Phillipa in this universe??? She was a Terran emporer/empress, and she was not a good guy. I doubt she has been rehabbed that fast.

How much do you want to bet that Lorca wasn't destroyed but rather reassembled in yet another universe? I mean, why did they allude to Stamis being killed by his own creation, yet they didn't throw him in it? They shot him, but they threw Lorca in it.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Yeah, it was a good episode. The question I have is what are they gonna do with Phillipa in this universe??? She was a Terran emporer/empress, and she was not a good guy. I doubt she has been rehabbed that fast.

How much do you want to bet that Lorca wasn't destroyed but rather reassembled in yet another universe? I mean, why did they allude to Stamis being killed by his own creation, yet they didn't throw him in it? They shot him, but they threw Lorca in it.

Crazy episode and the ending was wow, they get home, but 9 mos in the future. I think Phillipa helps the Federation fight the Klingons, the previews kind of alluded to that. The war also appeared to be going very badly for the Federation. I agree this is not the last we see of Lorca, suspect he will show back up.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I think the key to winning the war is held by V'oc over in the Terran universe. The Klingons were at peace with everyone over there. Remember when Burnham asked him how he did it? I think he'll be making an appearance on this side to infiltrate the Klingon Empire and stop the war or at least greatly influence it. But not without Stamis jumping them back 9 months first.

Users who are viewing this thread