Anybody else watch the new Star Trek?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
They definitely have a golden opportunity here with the origin aspects of the Star Trek..... Starfleet, Vulcan, Klingon and Andorian narratives should all be explored. These current Klingon's are apparently the progenitors of the species and what we see later (TOS, TNG, etc..) are hybrids, that right there is going to make for some excellent episodes.

FWIW I believe the teaser at the end of this last episode showed an Andorian, but just briefly, barely a glimpse.

mariusvt

Established Member
They mentioned the class of ship, it will be the Pike captained Enterprise.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
IMG_2721.PNG

Was interesting to see Mudd wearing what appears to be Andorian armor. I suspect we will see those guys sooner or later.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I have a strong suspicion that CBS will air this season on the free channel next summer.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
So, they are still doing this as a pay channel thing?

Sent from my XT1650 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

You could do a free trial to CBS All access, it's 7 days, then 6 bucks a month, just see if you even like it. I believe it's worth mentioning you will have access to a lot more content than Star Trek Discovery. I was hoping it would air on Netflix for US subscribers, but that does not appear to be cards. Alternatively you could torrent, or use a vpn/proxy on your streaming device to spoof your geographical location, as the show does air on Netflix for subscribers outside the US & Canada.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
You could do a free trial to CBS All access, it's 7 days, then 6 bucks a month, just see if you even like it. I believe it's worth mentioning you will have access to a lot more content than Star Trek Discovery. I was hoping it would air on Netflix for US subscribers, but that does not appear to be cards. Alternatively you could torrent, or use a vpn/proxy on your streaming device to spoof your geographical location, as the show does air on Netflix for subscribers outside the US & Canada.
I did that for the first episode and when I went to watch the "free" 2nd episode they wanted me to sign up.

As much as I like ST I refuse to pay for CBS while I am still plugged in to my cable who keeps butt plugging me.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I did that for the first episode and when I went to watch the "free" 2nd episode they wanted me to sign up.

As much as I like ST I refuse to pay for CBS while I am still plugged in to my cable who keeps butt plugging me.

I hear yah... We cut the cord a little over a year ago and have been happy streaming via several providers and have an HD antenna. However if we still had a cable package with CBS etc, I'd have a hard time buying into CBS all access on principal alone...

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

None of CBS's content is available on Netflix in the States. Disney is pulling their content next year. Which means no more Marvel Comics series (Daredevil, Luke Cage, Punisher, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., etc.), unless Netflix has bought the rights to them.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I hear yah... We cut the cord a little over a year ago and have been happy streaming via several providers and have an HD antenna. However if we still had a cable package with CBS etc, I'd have a hard time buying into CBS all access on principal alone...
Been trying to talk my wife into the cut. Then she stares at my balls and I scream as I run to hide in the bathroom

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
None of CBS's content is available on Netflix in the States. Disney is pulling their content next year. Which means no more Marvel Comics series (Daredevil, Luke Cage, Punisher, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., etc.), unless Netflix has bought the rights to them.

The original NCIS, Hawaii Five-O, criminal minds are all on netflix/US for time being...I would imagine Netflix will try and re-negotiate and raise subscription fees again.

TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise are all available on Netflix too. Believe CBS production now owns distribution of those shows.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
The original NCIS, Hawaii Five-O, criminal minds are all on netflix/US for time being...I would imagine Netflix will try and re-negotiate and raise subscription fees again.

TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise are all available on Netflix too. Believe CBS production now owns distribution of those shows.

You're right! I was thinking about Hulu. None of their programming used to be available on Hulu. I guess Hulu made a deal with CBS and started carrying their programming this year. Disney programming being pulled from Netflix is accurate, though. Disney is planning on opening their own streaming service.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
You're right! I was thinking about Hulu. None of their programming used to be available on Hulu. I guess Hulu made a deal with CBS and started carrying their programming this year. Disney programming being pulled from Netflix is accurate, though. Disney is planning on opening their own streaming service.

it gets confusing keeping track of this stuff...I am not surprised to see networks getting into the streaming game, offering original content. IMHO prefer my content à la carte vs taking it up the pooper with cable/dish packages.

Users who are viewing this thread