Anybody else watch the new Star Trek?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Jeez, I watched it on Netflix here. I thought it was decent.
yeah it ain't on Netflix in the states

I'd give my left nut for another season of Babylon 5 with modern effects.
B5 was always meant to be a 5 seasons and done show. I would like to see a prequel dealing with the first shadow war with modern effects

As far as the new Star Trek goes I watched one show and it was just ok. I might have gotten a little more enthused if I didn't have to subscribe to a shitty streaming pay service for a single show in their line up. And the Klingons just sucked ass. their make up was shitty, their looks were shitty and their voices were shitty.

on a lighter note .. we had ST:TOS ST:TNG DS9 and now we have (drum roll please) STD! so it certainly lived up to it's acronym

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
^^^I liked me some DS9, wish they would re-master for HD 16:9 aspect ratio from the 35mm negatives. We are probably forever stuck with the shitty scanned down to video versions that aired.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
For me it was The Next Generation that I loved. I remember when Star Trek 4 came out and they were advertising for TNG. sir Patrick Stewart is just about as good as William Shatner as far as captains go.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
For me it was The Next Generation that I loved. I remember when Star Trek 4 came out and they were advertising for TNG. sir Patrick Stewart is just about as good as William Shatner as far as captains go.

I think Patrick Stewart is a much better actor and definitely a better captain!

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
yeah it ain't on Netflix in the states

B5 was always meant to be a 5 seasons and done show.

They planned 5 to start. The story line could have run another 5 seasons easily.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
They planned 5 to start. The story line could have run another 5 seasons easily.
While it is probably true they could have, it was always 5 and done. JMS said it was a five year run with no option for additional seasons

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I've tried terrible to like Star Trek but it's never been able to stick.

Star Wars, GOTG, and all of the other galactic adventures just grab my attention too much I guess.

Don't hate me

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Honestly it wasn't bad fellas, great action, the effects are spectacular for a TV show, like cinema quality. Think CBS is making a mistake with the streaming part though, after the premier its going to be exclusive to CBS access|app. International customers can view via Netflix, but not US customers which is real shitty of CBS. There are of course other less legal means to get it.

EDIT: I think they threw out comments like social engineering etc.. to placate the SJW crowd. I was a little worried it was going to suck, but it did not, they at least have not mucked up the premier.

Indeed.

https://www.google.com/amp/ew.com/tv/2017/09/25/star-trek-discovery-sonequa-takes-knee/amp/

Users who are viewing this thread