Anybody done body mount bushings on a 05 to 07 truck

beau t

Established Member
I bought the S@B silicone mounts for my 05 cc truck and the question is do i have to take the front bumper and (crush sleeves??) out to get the core support bushings bottom half out? The other 6 cab mounts are no big deal to do, I looked at the core support for about 10 minutes and thought there has to be a easier way than this but can't find any YT vids showing the front ones being done. If this is the way it has to be done so be it but the project will get pushed out to the fall as time constraints will keep me from doing it for now. As always any advice is appreciated!

beau t

Established Member
I'm no help on this one, but you bought a good kit.
Pretty sure i know the answer and its not the one i wanted lol. I saw your truck had them and couldn't find where you had any issues or anyone else complaining about them, redoing stuff every couple of years is not my idea of money well spent.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Pretty sure i know the answer and its not the one i wanted lol. I saw your truck had them and couldn't find where you had any issues or anyone else complaining about them, redoing stuff every couple of years is not my idea of money well spent.

Very true. I had mine done at a friend's diesel shop. The 08-10 trucks are easier than the earlier ones because all the bolts are accessible from the bottom.

beau t

Established Member
Here is a update in case anyone else is curious in doing them, three bolts hold the front tow hook each side, it had to be removed and mine had a front bull bar(??) on it also, so i had to remove the bracket that covered the hole or made it smaller which had 2 bolts and allen bolts holding it on. After removing this i took the bottom part of the mount apart and slid the metal piece in, then slid the silicone piece in and reassembled it inside the frame. Note its a tight fit, i didn't have to pry or beat it in but its tricky getting the metal piece in gotta be turned a certain way. Hope this helps out the next person.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Here is a update in case anyone else is curious in doing them, three bolts hold the front tow hook each side, it had to be removed and mine had a front bull bar(??) on it also, so i had to remove the bracket that covered the hole or made it smaller which had 2 bolts and allen bolts holding it on. After removing this i took the bottom part of the mount apart and slid the metal piece in, then slid the silicone piece in and reassembled it inside the frame. Note its a tight fit, i didn't have to pry or beat it in but its tricky getting the metal piece in gotta be turned a certain way. Hope this helps out the next person.
our 05 needs em but putting it off. Can these be reasonably done without a lift?

beau t

Established Member
our 05 needs em but putting it off. Can these be reasonably done without a lift?
i did it without a lift so i could do 1 side at a time, i had read the isolators either come apart easy or they are a pain - note i wasted 3 hours getting the front left rad mount off, the washer/nut spun inside the rubber, i ended up cutting the rubber off and grabbing the top with a pipe wrench - this 1 was a 2 man job (in my case) also the middle cab on the drivers side wouldn't come apart, i used a drill and a 5/8 bit to hog it out then 2 pry bars to break it. The rest came apart easily, others have made tools to pull the bottom half off you may want to research it before attempting. All in all its not a hard job but it did eat up some time, thats the reason i chose to do it off of the ground instead of moving everything from under and on my lift to use it + with mine being lifted its high enough to sit under if your outside the frame and i didn't want to work around the lift legs, thought they may be more in the way than helping.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i did it without a lift so i could do 1 side at a time, i had read the isolators either come apart easy or they are a pain - note i wasted 3 hours getting the front left rad mount off, the washer/nut spun inside the rubber, i ended up cutting the rubber off and grabbing the top with a pipe wrench - this 1 was a 2 man job (in my case) also the middle cab on the drivers side wouldn't come apart, i used a drill and a 5/8 bit to hog it out then 2 pry bars to break it. The rest came apart easily, others have made tools to pull the bottom half off you may want to research it before attempting. All in all its not a hard job but it did eat up some time, thats the reason i chose to do it off of the ground instead of moving everything from under and on my lift to use it + with mine being lifted its high enough to sit under if your outside the frame and i didn't want to work around the lift legs, thought they may be more in the way than helping.
thanks for the feedback, no access to a lift so it might go off to a shop. I pick and choose my battles a lot more these days

Users who are viewing this thread