Anybody check their A/F ratio after mail order chip?

CWCobra

Established Member
Anybody verify their air fuel ratio after installing a mail order chip? I was just curious how close these things were. Friend was telling me how a mail order chip could reliably set AF to 11.2-11.5 every time on these '03 Cobras, since production characteristics are so consistent. Personally, I'm skeptical.

Anybody ever verify the things?

Thanks,
CW

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by CWCobra
Anybody verify their air fuel ratio after installing a mail order chip? I was just curious how close these things were. Friend was telling me how a mail order chip could reliably set AF to 11.2-11.5 every time on these '03 Cobras, since production characteristics are so consistent. Personally, I'm skeptical.

Anybody ever verify the things?

Thanks,
CW

An aquaintance of mine is a Diablo Sport tuner and he tells me that there is A LOT of variation in results when "chipping" an '03. My advice: get the tune verified! The absolute worst situation you can have is increased timing (most chips do this) AND lean air/fuel mixture.

MJ

Hammer

Established Member
Actually, every Diablo chip that I've seen dyno'ed or A/F tested was between 11.1 and 11.4 A/F. These are all Amazon Racing chips. I've seen at least 6 of them and never one lean. But not all tuners use the same program. I know that Amazon Rick's programs are safe and make good power.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by david smilovic
You would be CRAZY!!! not to check cheap insurance and run it to the rioch side with some colder plugs,Good Luck,Dave S.

Exactly!

MJ

CWCobra

Established Member
Good opinions...I agree with the above...but are there any actual "chip audits" out there to report? Anyone personally have their mail order chip checked to be sure? What did you find?

Anybody?

Later,
CW

i8u

Established Member
I agree with the above.....

Why would you not take the time to check it, especially on a brand new 35K+ car?:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread