anybody buy the rear end kit from lethal???

Benchracer

Established Member
Wondering about the extra clutches they send with them? How many extras do put in? Dont look like all of them will fit.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
I'm pretty sure Terry has been 8.7 on the stock rear just had the tubes welded. So unless you plan to go faster then that I would save a lil cash.

BMR Tech

I'm pretty sure Terry has been 8.7 on the stock rear just had the tubes welded. So unless you plan to go faster then that I would save a lil cash.

It depends on many variables. You cannot go by ET, unfortunately.

A stick car will wreak havoc on the rear axle assembly....even a stock car with drag radials.

Our factory differential burned up after about 50 track passes. It was an 11-Second Automatic car. We gladly replaced the factory differential with a Detroit Tru Trac, and she has been flawless ever since, with 200+ more rwhp.

Benchracer

Established Member

Its not an option for me. I broke mine spraying a 200 shot on the starting line. Terrys car is an auto which is much easier on driveline parts than a stick car.

stangn

Established Member
You can remove the shims and stack extra clutches in an 8.8 and tighten it up. Will probably help last longer.

5.0_KenneB

Established Member
Well if you completely destroyed your differential I would upgrade with a tru trac it's well worth it. That's what did when mine shattered dropping the clutch at 6k.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You can remove the shims and stack extra clutches in an 8.8 and tighten it up. Will probably help last longer.

This is exactly what you do.

That rear end package is the same set-up we run on our 2013 GT500 with a 4.5L and the 6 speed. You'll see details about how the car is running soon at King of the Streets by 5.0 Magazine. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread