Any1 have kooks headers and borla or outlaws?

willief23

Established Member
Anyone have kooks headers, kooks catted h pipe and either borla type s/ borla ataks or flowmaster outlaws? I am getting a gt in a week or two and havent heard any sound clips on youtube that have the kooks with ataks or flowmaster outlaws. Kooks with type s might be too tame for me from the few clips I heard. Im used to bbk long tubes, x pipe and borla ataks on my 12 v6.

Corsa extreme, borla ataks, or flowmaster outlaw is what im leaning toward with the kooks 1 3/4 headers, kooks catted h pipe and lethal ota pipes. Anyone have sound clips of their setup? Thanks.

willief23

Established Member
I decided on stainless retro catback as i liked the deeper sound from some sound clips i heard. Will post sound clips onced installed.

w1tchblad3

Established Member
I had the same setup I loved the kooks headers and the sound of the stainless works cat back. But if I would do it again I would not go with the stainless works after a few years they just started having figment issues and overall quality was not great for the price

willief23

Established Member
w1tchblad3,
what was the fitment issues? the pipes moving to the sides or slowly sagging downward?

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Flowmaster and Borla are at opposite ends of the sound spectrum. To me, Flowmaster is harsh (not as harsh as Roush though) and Borla has a smoother rumble. It depends on if you want it to sound rough or refined. I’d also consider drone - I think you’d be less likely to have drone with Borla over Flowmaster. Also, Borla tips look the best IMO.

willief23

Established Member
Paxton, yes I agree Borla has the best tips. I have the Borla Ataks on my v6 I like the sound and it drones some but it doesn't bother me. How is that bmr watts link? I am still debating whether to get one for the GT.

Venom800tt

Established Member
I have the Outlaws with Boss side pipes and absolutely love the sound. There is definitely drone but it really doesnt bother me that much. I am considering to remove the restrictors completely and go with the S-type if the Outlaws are too loud. To me the Borla sound more like a modern V8 and the Oulaws more like an old school V8.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Paxton, yes I agree Borla has the best tips. I have the Borla Ataks on my v6 I like the sound and it drones some but it doesn't bother me. How is that bmr watts link? I am still debating whether to get one for the GT.

Sorry just saw this. Tip - if you want someone to respond, quote them. That sends them an alert that links them directly to your post.

I love the BMR watts. Huge improvement over the stock panhard. However, I did all my suspension mods at the same time. The improvement over the stock track pack setup was amazing.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
I'm running Kooks 1 7/8" long tubes, catted xpipe and Borla S-Type over axle pipes and axle backs. It's loud and mean. No drone, some rasp. I never use my horn anymore in traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread