Any way to tell externally if car has PP?

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Nope. If you open the trunk and see no spare with a air pump is a quick way to tell. Also on console where you would plug in radar detector there would be a button to disable ESC. Non pp cars do not have it.

I would hope most owners/dealers would be able to tell you? But, most people non SHO orientated do not even know the option exists. LOL

Last edited:

Pale Snake

Established Member
I think there is a option package code if it has a window sticker, other than that just the traction control esc shutoff button.

BPatterson

Established Member
Hahahaha thanks. I know the 13-newer cars have the different wheels. Just wondering if it was the same for the 10-12 cars.

Allan Byrd

Established Member
I just bought a 12 PP a couple of weeks ago. I am in Brazil at the moment. But I believe it has 20" rear, and 19" front

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Pretty sure for 10-12 the PP cars came with 20" rims, with performance tires, hope that helps

However on the 10-12 cars, we could option the PP wheels. The difference was tires. PP cars came with F1's, non PP came with Michelin AS on the PP rims. That's how mine was equipped.

svtaddict

Established Member
my 2010 has 19s and the traction control button on the uper right hand corner above the radio. i dont have any kind of compressor in the trunk. anybody have pictures of this said"air pump" in the trunk?

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
as stated above, the steering wheel is a quick give away.

My 2013 PP has the suede on the wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread