Any tuners out there that are not afraid to tune anymore?

TerminatedGT

Established Member
I am so fed up with this tuning issue. I have now tried to tune with 4 tuners and they refuse to communicate and/or work with me! Guess we can call this a rant but I have run out of options and the only thing I can think if is that they all now perfer the easy money. Some 2014 mustang with a cold air is cheap easy money for them. Why put extra time and effort into tuning older cars that have more modifications!

First I was going to use Bob Kurgan, I emailed him. Asked what mass air he perfer I run, he said HPX slot style MAF and if I order it from him that he will do my remote tuning with SVS R&D's dyno for $350(plus I pay dyno time) so I agree. He was quick to take my money for the parts and emailed very fast when It came to that. At that time I said that I would like to get a base tune for my car so the car would fire up and drive to the dyno. NO REPLY. Ok so I wait till the car is nearing completion and possibly gonna start soon. Email again asking for a "BASE TUNE", still NO REPLY! This was may! Then I email a few days ago asking what he wants from me, I'm willing to pay seperately for a BASE TUNE or pay the $350 now and he can send one and we can set a dyno date! . He replies with, "last email I have from you was MAY, are you trying to say that I am avoiding you? Who's tune is in the car now?" So I email back and say no tune is in the car, it runs super rich. I wanna break in the motor on a 91 octane tune before the final tune with E85. NO REPLY.

Other options I tried. Emailed and called and left Shaun at AED a message. Have not heard anything back. This was recent. Hope he gets back to me.

Another local guy I worked with for a while was going to help me out, I emailed him some datalogs of my car at idle but he said the only way he can tune it is for me to mail my handheld tuner to him, then he would mail it back. That makes no sense to me, all tunes can be sent through email nowadays. Plus if the tune is off, I don't have time to constantly send my tuner back and forth till it is. That just won't work for me, I am leaving the name of this company out because they are good people to deal with, good customer service. Just not gonna work for me.

Last option I have is amazon racing, I have been doing remote tunes since 2008 with them. Email back and forth tunes and datalogs. Every tune has always been spot on. But I did email last week and nothing sent back yet. Maybe everyone is super busy. I will continue to try this route. I see they are no longer a paid supporter on this site. Not sure what happened with that.

ANY OTHER OPTIONS OUT THERE?

Not that this will help you but Alex at Carbconn.com 425 820-1871 up here in Washington. My car ran fantastic after he tuned it

1979rs/z28

Established Member
x1000 on learning it yourself. I had a base tune through Don and he was very helpful, I went through the motions of contacting tuner after tuner waiting on response's either on the phone or email and got tired of weak or no answer.

45anngt

Established Member
Tuning

I purchased the Pro Race software from SCT and just recently had them upgrade my software to the highest level "Calibrator". I get so discouraged when I speak with local tuners and they say that there are so many tables to adjust and the material out there is not good. Also that most tuners aren't really sure on whats going on. If tuners really don't have a clue, I'm nervous as hell. I have been contacting people for tunes and you either don't get a call back or they say its race season. I'm so fed up with the excuses and lack of interest in making money. Just had to vent. Lol

Learn to tune yourself. No more relying on tuners. That's what this forum is for.

MKMotorsport

Established Member
http://www.lasotaracing.com/MOPRP.html

Get the PRP, DVD and book for $450

Best thing I ever did was buy the PRP, not saying I know what the hell I'm doing, but I don't have to deal with the egos anymore.

I will +1 the book/DVD/Don in general :p

It seems like he is limited to 2010 and prior vehicles. This was in my response to me asking for a base file for a 2013 GT, (yes, I bought the book/DVD) :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread