Any tips on removing pumps from fuel hat?

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
My pumps are STUCK. Any tips to get these bad boys out of the piece that holds them in place?

Edit: To clarify, This is the second gen hat with twin Walbro 400lph pumps. The pumps were snug when I installed them but now that I'm trying to remove them, they won't budge. I've tried spraying a little pb blaster down between the pump body and bracket but no dice. I can't even rotate it.

Last edited:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
They will be tight, but sometimes it just takes some muscling to get them out. The barbs of the pumps still being in the hose will make it harder, so you may need to cut that hose or get the hose off the barbs some other way to make it easier for removal. Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
Yeah, I struggled for a couple hours last night trying to wrestle them out of the hat. I can't even get them to budge. I did get the barbs out of the hose but I had to unbolt the bracket that the pumps sit in, then I was able to pull them out of the hose.

I think I'm probably going to have to slide a razor blade between the pump and bracket to cut the o-ring. If I wind up having to do this, can I get replacements for those?

Users who are viewing this thread