Any Tips For The Track Tonight??>>>

THEWOODKING

me and my bro are going to the 1/8 mile drags tonight...any suggestion on how i should race my car??? what rpm to launch from?? roll out??? shifting?? never been before so looking for any experienced trackers to ring in....

o ya i also have a two step, should i use it?? and if so at what rpm?? and i have adjustable shocks...how should i adjust them???

thanks

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
you adjust the rears to be hard, and the fronts to be soft, dont use the two step, our cars launch better off idle imo(1.79sec. 60 on stock 4.30 geared irs)

goodluck and try to avoid breaking stuff.

how did you fix your head?

Jamie R.

Established Member
Alright do like Dirty said with the adjustments. I don't know that I would go full soft in the front but close to it and in the back firm it up. On launch rev the car up to about 3,500 rpms give or take. This will be a good starting point. When the lights drop let the clutch pedal out in a controlled rapid motion. You do not want to pop the clutch. What you are trying to achieve is a slight slip of the clutch of the line to keep the revs up and then release as the car is moving so you do not bog the car. Just try a slight slip on the first time to get your feet wet. A little spin is better than letting the car bog. It takes practice to get all this right so don't get frustrated. Take it easy and be safe and good luck!! Oh yeah, let us know how you do and if the car wheelhops get out of the gas immediately.

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

Users who are viewing this thread