Any SVT Convertible Info???

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Believe me, I realize this is way early, but does anyone have any information as to whether or not there will be a SVT convertible rolled out the same year as the H-top? I always liked the adrenaline rush mixed in with a strong breeze...

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
All I want is a built in roll bar. Almost every other high perf. convertible sports one, and the lack of one really puts a dent in on track activities.

And don't say "put one in". If I did not need my back seat I would have purchased a Viper.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
I totally agree. Plus, it looks tha 'nads. My '69 GT-500 had one, and it looked awesome. That one --from the factory--wasn't really roll-worthy. I had a '67 GT350 Hard top that had a fully functional one with the inertia reels. Great set-up!

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
I don't even need a full bar - a couple of hoops behind the rear seats like the M3 would be fine.

Whiskey City

Established Member
From what I've heard around Dearborn, the '07 SVT should come out as a HT and 'Vert at the same time. The 'Vert roll out for the next gen' 'stang is March '05 so they should have it all worked out by the time the SVT's start hitting the streats in the fall of '06.

I sure hope they do. It's hard enough waiting two years...I'll never make it if they don't launch them both at the same time!!

Whiskey City

Established Member
Oh Crispy...we are so gonna get porked trying to buy an '07 Cobra. The markup will make us :xpl: .

My only hope is that X-plan will apply and I can bypass some of that ridiculousness.:burn:

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Originally posted by crispy23c
I totally agree, Killn Time. Every time they have produced a Cobra (except 2000), they released a convertible the same year, so we've got reason to hope. Let's hope the dealers won't try to pork us all...

No need to try and convince me of that, KT. I just hate the idea of my dealer playing the theme from "deliverance" when I order. Maybe if I order very early, they won't have the gonads to add the DAMU that makes me say Damn You!:nonono:
Al I know is that I won't forget who is trying to pork and who isn't (if there will be anyone in that category...).

Whiskey City

Established Member
Al I know is that I won't forget who is trying to pork and who isn't

Compairsion shoppinng is going to be key when it comes to obtaining the '07 with the least ammount of...how shall I say...unauthorized back-door entry.:kaboom:

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Agreed, KT. I am insuring that I will have no trade (so they cannot pork me on that). Trying to keep it simple. I will be doing a cash deal, so my big plan is to do some telethon-like calling. Best price wins. I can take a longer than normal drive for it if I have to. What, me....stubborn? :rollseyes

Whiskey City

Established Member
...I will be doing a cash deal...

This may sound funny but you will, most likely, get a better deal if you finance it through Ford Credit or the dealer's credit office. Even if you have the cash to pay it off, get the loan anyway and then pay it off the next day/week/month. They'll be a little kinder to you on the front end thinking they'll get you on the back end ($$$interest$$$). That is until you send them the check for the whole shootin' match (insert meniacle laugh here).;-)

Just make sure there's no pre-payment penalty. Then you'll be :coolman:

KTT07

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
The next 'verts should rock, they are engineered diferently from the coupes to BE convertables, not simply overbracing a topless coupe.:thumbsup:

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Originally posted by KLN TME TIL 07
This may sound funny but you will, most likely, get a better deal if you finance it through Ford Credit or the dealer's credit office. Even if you have the cash to pay it off, get the loan anyway and then pay it off the next day/week/month.

KTT07, again, you are correct. By cash, I meant no trade. My wife was in the auto sales business for 15 years, so I got the scoop on that for sure! But thanks for posting that info-- this is good info for those who are looking to do the same as us :beer:
Now, if I can only find a way to get on the short list for one of these (without leasing)...

Users who are viewing this thread