any shops in the chicago area that install blowers?

tonydahose

Established Member
i have a 1999 cobra cert with 8k miles and am thinking of putting on a blower. i dont want to f*ck the car up and have to rebuild it later so i am thinking minimal boost like 8lbs. any ideas where and how much? thinking of a vortech...thanks

FearblueR1

Established Member
The only place I would trust in the chicagoland area. Anderson Ford motorsports. In Clinton, IL. They are a ford dealership, that also specializes in High Performance parts and installation. They are always in Muscle Mustang and 5.0 magazines. Articles and advertisements. My buddy has done allot of work with them.

I wouldn't trust too many shops in the area. I have heard quite a few horror stories. Shops doing installs, tuning them too lean. Blowing the motors on quite a few LT1's and LS1's. Then charging the customers for rebuilds. Some might be O.K. But all my major work goes to Anderson.

Maximus67

Established Member
Anderson Ford is good, but you will definitely pay for it. Victor Ford does installs, too ... they're based out of Wauconda.

wtw5974

Head Chef
Established Member
How far do you want to travel? That’s the question. I have a local place I go to when comes to the very dirty work. Sky Lark Garage In Park Ridge right next to Street Performance. There is a high-po garage on North Ave just west of Elmhurst I have been there before but don’t remember the name. I’ll be there this week end and post it if you are interested in that shop.

wtw5974

Head Chef
Established Member
If your looking for a dealer, then you want to talk to John Nolte at Land Mark Ford. The guy does everything and anything.

Hope that helps

Cheers

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread