Any Puget Sound Members?

Nuance

Established Member
Oh I'm definiitely selling my X-pipe, I'd like to recoop some of the money spent on the LT's, but a friend of mine over here has expressed interest in it, so let me ask him first if he wants it... if not, it's yours...

I'm taking it off only 'cause I want to go with LT's. The pipe has a wicked sound to it. It definitely helped make the car stand out at the local track.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
-J welcome home, I am home for a quick mid mission break... let me know if you want to go runnin somewhere, I have about 2 weeks left here and only phone musters to worry about.
Got the beast out today for a few miles, oooohhh me like the cold air :lol: :beer:

Nuance

Established Member
'sup ken??

ya, todd told me you were back for a couple of weeks then back to norfolk or something like that.... that sucks

I pulled my beast out of the garage today for a few hours. The weather finally decided to cooperate. It absolutely loves the cold air, but the tires absolutely HATE the cold pavement. Well, that and they're pretty much shot. But when you've down over 60 passes on the stock F1's with the requisite burnouts, you can't expect them to hold up. I think at the end of spring I'm gonna throw some 315 nittos on the back. Who knows though, when my bike gets here in march, I may just devote all of my attention to it..... we'll see.

~J

Last edited:

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
I agree with you 100 %,,, cold air and cold pavement do not mix well. Was out the other night running around too, nice for the weather to cooperate..need to get it out a few more times before I leave for good, got to get the FIX :lol: :lol:

95Mike, there are some Washatonians around, just might not post too much..

I just saw a Anniversary edition (red) yesturday in silverdale and believe I have seen on the base as well..

Ken
:beer:

Hurley

Established Member
I live in WA...i don't have a 03 Cobra yet but as soon i as i start work at the prison where i live...i'll have one and would like to meet up with some of you ;-)

Nuance

Established Member
Thanks venomous...

I've spent the last 2 afternoons camped under that car. I've got the steering linkage disconnected, the starter removed, the engine mounts broke loose and the engine jacked up about an inch and a half.....

Should be able to work most of tomorrow on it so I'm expecting to get both manifolds off and *hopefully* get the drivers' side header on. It's been slow going (took an hour and half to get the damn starter off), but I'm being very methodical about it.

I hope to have the car back together by Saturday... we'll see

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Wow Jason, Looks great!! Lots of work there....I wish you the best of luck. I am no certified mechanic but can turn a wrench and actually have a few. I am on max libs while back home for the two weeks, so if you need a hand feel free to give me a call. At a minimum I can come over, drink beer, and be the safety observer :-D or even an extra set of hands if needed. And I love working on our Cobra's.

Let me know...
Hurley, when you get one let us know...

Ken

Nuance

Established Member
Hey ken....

I'll let you know. I might just take you up on your offer. I have the driver's side manifold off and the passenger side mostly off. I'm kind of on hold though because I didn't like the gaskets that came with the headers at all so I had ford order me up a new set. They said there's a 75% chance that they'll be in on Friday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed......

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Originally posted by Nuance
Hey ken....

I'll let you know. I might just take you up on your offer. I have the driver's side manifold off and the passenger side mostly off. I'm kind of on hold though because I didn't like the gaskets that came with the headers at all so I had ford order me up a new set. They said there's a 75% chance that they'll be in on Friday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed......

-J
Not a problem, just give me call. I am bored stiff... Kids working/school, wife will be working, I only have a couple of plans to tinker with mine and I need to change the oil in my bike, so really wide open... I am sure I could learn a lot... have a Happy Turkey day..

Ken

:beer: :beer:

Nuance

Established Member
well I managed to get the passenger's side manifold off this morning. That was by far the biggest PITA I've had so far. Now I just have to wait for the new gaskets....

and Ken, maybe you don't want to come over. After you see these stock manifolds you might want to run out and buy some headers. And I don't think the wife will approve =) I'll take some pics once my roommate returns with the digi cam....

~J

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
You prob are right, on both accounts..... once I see the diff I will be lobbying for my own:-D and Kelly will not be too happy about that for sure..

for the most part I am trying to stay warrenty friendly mods till its up...:bored:

:beer: :beer:

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
Wow Nuance your numbers are freaking Awesome. I have a 2.8 pulley and no idlers and full magnaflow system and JLP intake, Diablo chip, plugs, and shifter, i only put down 445. Do you think the idlers make that much difference? Or is my car have just a little less HP than yours?

Nuance

Established Member
hey rfat...

what's happening?? It's really hard to say about the numbers man. When I hit those I didn't have the idler and I was seeing belt residue on the pulley. I put the idler on right at the end of last year's track season so I never got the chance to run it.

I'll tell you though, I did see a noticeable difference with the idler on just in how hard the car pulls.

A buddy of mine is running a 2.8 as well and very similar mods to what I had when I hit those numbers, and the best he's run is a 12.48. And he's a pretty damn good driver, so who knows??

I'm gonna try and get this beast to a dyno and she what it's doing now.....

Nuance

Established Member
Originally posted by kens03cobra
Jason, no mention of your newest mod?? Pics??? Have you had a chance to open it up yet???

Ken

I haven't taken any pics yet of them installed. When I change the tranny fluid I'll get some pics whilst I'm under there. I have had a couple of chances to open it up. It was a gorgeous day on Sunday so I drove to Tacoma and back to help burn in the new cats (and to see my old X-pipe)... The car really does seem to have a different feel now. And the sound is just absolutely amazing. I'm having a hard time resisting the urge to drive it everywhere even in this weather.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
I went to Home Depot and picked up one of those drill pumps for my tranny change...
pump-5.99
fittings for each end nice brass ones for the hose- 1.89
10' of clear hose, <3 dolla...

I am betting this is the way to go, dont have to worry about removing the shifter and all,
AND, will have the pump for other projects, like putting fluids in the bike it will be handy..

Users who are viewing this thread