Any power gains for Bassani Mid-Length headers?

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Wonder if there are ANY definitive gains for the Bassani mid-length headers? They seem to be a bit longer and look like the full-length Kooks headers than the shorties that JBA sells, wonder if they are somewhere in between the full-lengths and shorties? I know HotRodHarry had them, and he loved them, but who else?

I just got my Bassani x-pipe with cats a little ahile ago, and I WILL NOT scrap them to get some full-lengths on my car. I bought the Bassani because only the Bassani headers fit the x-pipe. This is a mod that I am only contemplating doing right now, don't really wanna mess things up, and I would likely have to have a new tune done, and I really don't want to do that again for a while!!! Maybe next Spring or something?

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Im in the same boat as you, if I get headers they will be the ones so I can retain my catted-x and cat back. I will admit though, headers are not high on my list of priorities at present and if/when I do them I will be doing a k-member as well.

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
I don't think this totally answers your question, but it may serve to give you an idea:

Stock exhaust: 375 RWHP 368 RWTQE SAE

Complete Bassani (headers, cat'ed X, cat-back): 416 RWHP 378 RWTQE SAE

Good luck!

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
i dont have any facts for you from reading other posts peak gains sometimes are not that great. but gains in the whole power band are up.

say your car puts down 390 peak rwhp and you do mid or full leght header maybe it goes up to 400 not much of a gain but lets say at 3500 you pick up 20 hp you will have much more use for this gain then you will for a peak gain.

over winter i wil lbe going with the mid leght headers it lets you service the cars easyer and you will see some gains and i wil lbe useing the offroad X i hope to see some nice gains in the powerband and some more sound from the car i think the mid pipe and headers are like 850 bucks that is very cheap for a car

i hope some of the info i gave is usefull for you

Jeff

musclesBMF

Established Member
As long as you have a "good" exhaust guy, you can use any brand x-pipe you want. It will just have to be cut and welded to the bassani extensions that come with the headers. The extensions bolt up to the headers and have to be used even with the bassani x-pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread