Any plumber on site? Building a walk in Shower and have some ?'s

Phil'scobra

Established Member
Hello and first off thanks for your help!

I have a garden tub that I have removed and started to build a walk-in shower. I have the walls down to studs, I have 1/2" water lines running to the original bath hot/cold, and the previous owner ran a rain shower, with 3/4" water lines.

What I would like to do is remove both sets of water lines and start new, I would like to run a regular shower head, a couple body sprays, one hand held spay and maybe a rain shower.

Now comes to the main question, what do I need to do all this? a temp controller, volume controls and a selector control? I will be running a tank less hot water heater so I don't need that.

I have googled this a lot but can find exact information. I may have just missed it.

Any information will help.

colin450

Established Member
I have a rain head, three body sprays, and use a hand shower kind of as a regular shower head and hand spray obviously. So I have the shower valve itself, and the diverter which controls where the water is coming out. The diverter allows any one on by itself, or any combo of two at the same time. So you can have just the rainhead, rainhead & body spray etc.

Users who are viewing this thread