Any other races??

98gtstang

www.snma.net
Established Member
Hey Vegas guys, Is there any other races besides Midnight Mayhem?? There is only 2 more races to go for Midnight Nov 7th and Dec 5th. Then I dont think they start again till June 6th :( which is a big break. So I was wondering if they had any other races or if some of us got togeather would they let us rent the track out or something like that. Just dont want to wait 6 months untill we can race again. So if anyone knows anything let me know. :beer:

ArthurJGuy

Cinema Stang
Established Member
What's up ? We haven't seen you around the SNMA meetings in a while.

Usually the MM's die off and they break out with the Test & Tunes, which is when alot of the Mustangs and Fbodies come out to play because it's real track prep and you can get some decent times.

Oh, and it's rice free.

Last edited:

98gtstang

www.snma.net
Established Member
Ok sweet I will love to race at the Test & Tune

I havent been to the meetings becuase My intake manifold cracked and then I got 03 cobras seats put in and just got 3.73's installed. I will most likely be at the next meeting. C'ya there.

ArthurJGuy

Cinema Stang
Established Member
Originally posted by 98gtstang
Ok sweet I will love to race at the Test & Tune

I havent been to the meetings becuase My intake manifold cracked and then I got 03 cobras seats put in and just got 3.73's installed. I will most likely be at the next meeting. C'ya there.

Cool deal, we bumped the meetings up to 3:00 PM for the winter, the next one will be Nov 1st. Hope to see you then.

98gtstang

www.snma.net
Established Member
Originally posted by SVT4ME
Whats the test and tune? And how do I get in on it if it's what I think it is?
Im not sure what it is exactly, but it sounds cool lol. Disloyal knows im preaty sure, I would like to know some info on it too.

ArthurJGuy

Cinema Stang
Established Member
Okie Dokie, here is the breakdown on TNT's

These are usually on a Saturday, and take all day.
You have to buy a number ($25 I think) that's good for a year.
The track prep is good enough for tire lifters and to snap rear ends.
You run, park, tweak your car, then run again.

No rice, All day event, and usually the best times come from these TNT's.

I've noticed that TNT's are somtimes held before MM, I don't know if these are worth checking out or not, but the all day Saturday TNT's should be starting soon. I'll be out running hard when that happens.

:D

98gtstang

www.snma.net
Established Member
Originally posted by Disloyal
Okie Dokie, here is the breakdown on TNT's

These are usually on a Saturday, and take all day.
You have to buy a number ($25 I think) that's good for a year.
The track prep is good enough for tire lifters and to snap rear ends.
You run, park, tweak your car, then run again.

No rice, All day event, and usually the best times come from these TNT's.

I've noticed that TNT's are somtimes held before MM, I don't know if these are worth checking out or not, but the all day Saturday TNT's should be starting soon. I'll be out running hard when that happens.

:D
Cool, what does your car run or should run in the 1/4??

ArthurJGuy

Cinema Stang
Established Member
Cool, what does your car run or should run in the 1/4??

It should run about a 14.3 ish at a TNT depending on weather, humidity, etc etc right now.

By Christmas time I should be in the low 13, high 12 range (new motor), and by March next year, mid to low 11's (new intake).

98gtstang

www.snma.net
Established Member
Sweet hopefully I can get decent time at TNT. I have the following mods. CAI, Superchip, 3.73's, Flowmaster's, tri-ax shifter. What to you think I should be running. Christmas LT's and O/R H-pipe then marchish DR's and timing adjuster.

ArthurJGuy

Cinema Stang
Established Member
Sweet hopefully I can get decent time at TNT. I have the following mods. CAI, Superchip, 3.73's, Flowmaster's, tri-ax shifter. What to you think I should be running. Christmas LT's and O/R H-pipe then marchish DR's and timing adjuster.

Get the DR's first out of the upcoming stuff, if you want I'll give you a ride in mine with DR's at the next SNMA meeting and show you why :D. Also you may want to ditch the flowmasters, stangnet did a shootout and even stock mufflers showed more RWHP then flowmasters, just a thought. As you sit though, assuming you can get a good launch and know how to race, I'd guess 14.8 - 14.9 here in vegas, then again a stock 98 GT will run a 15.0-15.3.

ArthurJGuy

Cinema Stang
Established Member
Originally posted by SVT4ME
Hey Disloyal

Can you let us know when the next one is. Why no rice? Just asking.

I just pulled up the LVMS schedule, and after the last MM they show NUTHING until April of 04 which is not normal at all.

Here is the only all day TNT I see on the schedule.

11/21/2003 12:00pm Super Chevy Show (Test and Tune)

At this event the TNT guys would be running with the guys from the Super Chevy Show, which means some nice numbers will be turned that day (hopefully).

I really don't know why you don't see rice at TNT's, it might be tech inspection, cost, time of day, I'm really not sure.

You may have more luck checking out my local mustang club, and asking those guys (on our message board). We have a decent amount of people who know whats up both with Mustangs, and with track schedules/other events.

http://www.snma.net - The Southern Nevada Mustang Assoc

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread